1911Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,906 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I note that ATG has .223 DRS ammunition. The price is less than the Federal. Has anyone used DRS ammo?

In looking on the web DRS has contracts to build ammo trailers, but I did not find much about them.

Thanks,
Jerry

·
Registered
812 Posts
The single review of that ammo by an ATG customer is less than stellar. :biglaugh: If you're looking for reloadable .223, maybe you should buy new.

·
Registered
3,906 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The single review of that ammo by an ATG customer is less than stellar. :biglaugh: If you're looking for reloadable .223, maybe you should buy new.
Thanks, I missed the review. I'll pass on it.
Regards,
Jerry

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
The Federal I bought new was great ammo and wal mart has bulk boxes of 50 at a good price and would be my forst choise due to price and shooting clean and accurate on a budjet. I had no problems with realoding the brass and having it last.
I had very good luck with LC as someone sold me some brand new quite a few years back {2003-2004} Some even came on stipper clips. I should have bought more.
I did not have a way to reem or swag primer pockets and gave them away after shooting.
The once fired LC brass I got in bulk in the past was already deprimed and sawged or reemed to remove the primer crimp. Loaded great A friend of mine and myself would go shoot 1K of rounds of my LC realoads with no problems at all.
My biggest down fall was the use of lube and pad rolling them. I was hard to get the right amount {to much and dents not enough and would stick} and now use the dillion spray lube.
Will make my own with alky and lanolin{sp?} saw a post here in reloading section,but did not see amounts of each to use.
I always did a large batch of 500 or 1000 and is was way better to do one step and them move on to the next.

·
Registered
543 Posts
Just FYI, if you have military brass don't throw it away. You can send it to Custom Brass Processing and he will FL size, trim to length, deprime, and swage primer pockets AND tumble shiny brite for three cents per round. Hard to beat that, and you never have to swage again.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts