1911Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife bought me a ss slide to complete my 1911, both components are Caspian of course. I will be sending them in to be fitted and get the frame cut for a beaver tail safety. Will anymore work be required beyond what Caspian does? I cant imagine what it would be but I just dont know. What GS works the best as far as no unsightly gaps at the corners under the tangs? I have heard CMC, I have a S&A that I really like and hope to use.

I wonder if they will install a front sight in the front dovetail while its there? that would save a trip to the gunsmith ( who chuckled at the prices, he said he wouldnt even start a machine for $16, the cost of the .250 cut, what a deal!) . Thanks in avance.

·
Registered
783 Posts
Yes, it is worth the price that Caspian charges to have as much work as they offer done. As far as grip safeties, the one's you mentioned are fine. I think a lot of people like Wilson, I prefer King's.

·
Super Moderator
EDC: SIG P938.
22,296 Posts
I suspect Caspian's own grip safety fits pretty well. :)

·
Registered
822 Posts
Caspian

On the custom pistol I just had made, I specified Caspian frame and slide in carbon steel. I also had the slide cut for Novak sights also specified the new Caspian adjustable combat sight for the rear. I really like the sight. Don't know if Caspian installed it or my Gunsmith. Look very close at the Caspian sight, you may wish to consider it. I'm very glad I did.

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
my ejector is already installed, but the sights concern me. I dont have a pusher and this is the only 1911 I will have that is dovetailed, so it would be most economical to have them do it. It will probbably get one of the aluminum GS while it is up there.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts