1911Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone using 255's in their acp? loaded up a box for use in hog hunt. they are slow but pentrate like crazy. recoil is sort of a slow strong push rather than a flip. haven't tried them on hogs yet, may not be moving fast enough to work effectively.:scratch:

· Registered
602 Posts
I loaded the Keith 260 gr SWC (probably what you're using, just a different alloy) in .45ACP for pin shooting long ago. I don't recall the load.

It was great for pins, taking them off the table with one center hit most of the time.

John
Cape Canaveral

· Registered
7,462 Posts
What's your load for hogs? Are they lead swc's or plated? Used to use both 255 lswc's and 250 lrnfp with 4.2-4.6 of Unique for pins and plinking. Good for pins, soft recoil for plinking and economical. Tracy

· Registered
7,462 Posts
1911tinker,
What load are you using for hogs? I've got a comped longslide that I plan on shooting 45Supers out of for hogs, hopefully spring 06. I've got some super loads written down, but haven't actually shot anything but paper with. I'd like to know your recipe so I can compare and see which seems better. Thanks, Tracy

· Registered
7,462 Posts
Carmoney,
What oal were you using? My 250/255 loads were seated right at or just below the crimp groove and were 1.170-1.190 My 4.5 Unique loads did good, but the 5.0 loads used to "bark". I can't imagine shooting 7.0. Were you shooting a comped gun? My stock 6" longslide used to jump pretty good with the 5.0's. Tracy

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.