1911Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I havent had a Glock for a few years and then I saw this ad in the local paper and it got me thinking. I am pretty sure it is going to be a law enforcement turn in of some sort and probably well used or at least well carried. I seem to recall seeing refurbished Glocks for sale and was wondering is that something anyone can get done? If so what exactly goes into refurbishing one and how much would that set me back? Also what kind of turn around time should one expect? Thanks in advance for your help.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ive check out glocktalk before, but I havent registered there yet. Thanks though if I dont get much feedback here I guess I will bite the bullet and sign up there.

·
Registered
393 Posts
I seem to recall seeing refurbished Glocks for sale and was wondering is that something anyone can get done?

huh? strip it, look for number 7 stamped on the dust cover. if it's there, it's factory refurbished, which is retest/upgrade whatever by Glock Inc. you can send it in, i have a feeling it will be free of charge.

I got myself a police trade in glock. the finish seems to be there, i dont think this gun was fired very much since the barrel finish is still black, very little wear! it did have 8# connector though, but it was easily replaced. since i got it here, it did not include the hi cap mags.

mine is listed in the upgrade, but it turns out it's not because of safety *recall/ugrade*, but glock wants to modify the extractor so that you can use your old glock with the newer parts. i didn't bother turning it in. btw, this is the only gun out of 7 pistols i have that never failed. (not even once).

if yours is in good condition, i'd grab it for $300.

you see this? this is new vs old style. if upgraded, will get new style.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I ran down there at lunch and picked one up. The owner said it came with a lifetime warranty although I wasnt clear if that is through the shop or through Glock. It certainly doesnt feel as nice as a 1911, but I know they are usually incredibly reliable and for $299 it will be my beater gun of sorts. I had been thinking of picking up a smaller new one, but again for that price it will do. Thanks for your input and suggestions.

·
Registered
406 Posts
The folks at glocktalk (that includes me) would wet their shorts if they found a 17 for $299. Thats an excellent price, even if the gun looks worn.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It is Daves Guns in Aurora, Colorado. The owner said they started with 15 or so at that price and had two or three left. I bought one. I saw one other. They are police turn ins. The one that I passed up looked liked it had a better finish, but for some reason the guy showing it to me could not disassemble it. I didnt try. They may have had a third one, but it was in a different part of the case so I am not sure. Their number is 303-337-9494. They originally had them marked at $449.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Their website is daves-guns.com. Usually their prices can be a little high especially if you get the wrong salesman, but this is the cheapest I have ever heard of a Glock selling for.

·
Premium Member
20,440 Posts
G-17's are a dime a dozen. It's their hi-cap magazines that hold the price. We jokingly talk about selling four magazines and throwing the pistol in for free.

·
Registered
14,967 Posts
I always swore that I'd never own a 9mm "peashooter"......until I ran across a pristine, 2nd gen. G17 with two 17-rd. mags for $400...no taxes and no paperwork. I've found the G17 to be a bunch of fun to shoot and totally reliable.

Just bought a G19 or my brother from a friend for $425, 3rd gen., night sights, 50 rounds through it.

There are good deals out there. If you ever have any problems with your Glock, Glock/Smyrna will fix it free.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thats is kind of why I bought it. I have a couple of "nice" guns, but I like the idea of having a beater. I wont be in a big hurry to clean it after shooting, I dont care if I scratch it and it will also serve as a camping gun. I never thought I would buy a Glock again, but it does seem to fill a niche for me.

·
Premium Member
20,440 Posts
$400 is the going rate here too, but with two hi-caps. I see hi-caps going for $100 or more each!

·
Registered
14,967 Posts
G17 pre-bans are available in the $50-$65 range from several online vendors. (CDNN Investments, Ivanhoe's, etc., etc.)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts