1911Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
On what is, perhaps the MOST important issue. The second amendment.

"A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."

Fred Thompson, Duncan Hunter and Ron Paul understood what our founding fathers meant by that. Many do not. Fred said his "idea of gun control, was a good steady aim." When this RIGHT given to ALL CITIZENS of ANY state, county, city of the USA is infringed, then we have nothing to enforce all of our other "rights".

I have checked all of the Democrats websites and the issue is not even addressed on any of them, however ALL or for more "gun control", restrictions, registration and "licensing". Vote for a Dem? Bad Idea Jeans.

Romney who seems to be the portrayed as the most "conservative" left, fails my 2AT. (second amendment test)Signed and was for many citizen gun restrictions while GOV., and said he would as PREZ. (Brady and semi auto ban)

"Governor Romney does not believe we need any more gun laws in this country. Like President Bush, he would sign a gun law if it was carefully written to target weapons of unusual and unnecessary lethality or power."
http://www.mittromney.com/Issues/american-culture

Giuliani fails the 2AT. Never met a gun control bill he did not like, sued gun manufacturers and dealers, etc.

"Rudy Giuliani is a strong supporter of the Second Amendment. He understands that every law-abiding American has an individual right to keep and bear arms that is guaranteed by the Constitution. To deal with a city where crime was out of control, Mayor Giuliani worked to get guns out of the hands of criminals — resulting in a 66% drop in the murder rate and 72% reduction in criminal related shootings. The best way to deal with gun crime is to prosecute the criminals and enforce the laws already on the books. Rudy Giuliani will make sure that if someone commits a crime with a gun, they will go to prison for the mandatory sentence."
What a bunch of mumbo jumbo.
http://www.joinrudy2008.com/issues/view/9

John McCain gets a D-

"Gun Locks

John McCain believes that every firearms owner has a responsibility to learn how to safely use and store the firearm they have chosen, whether for target shooting, hunting, or personal protection. He has supported legislation requiring gun manufacturers to include gun safety devices such as trigger locks in product packaging.

Criminal Background Checks

John McCain supports instant criminal background checks to help prohibit criminals from buying firearms and has voted to ensure they are conducted thoroughly, efficiently, and without infringing on the rights of law abiding citizens.

Background Checks at Gun Shows

At a time when some were trying to shut down gun shows in the name of fighting crime, John McCain tried to preserve gun shows by standardizing sales procedures. Federal law requires licensed firearm sellers at gun shows to do an instant criminal background check on purchasers while private firearm sellers at gun shows do not have to conduct such a check. John McCain introduced legislation that would require an instant criminal background check for all sales at gun shows and believes that such checks must be conducted quickly to ensure that unnecessary delays do not effectively block transactions."
http://www.johnmccain.com/Informing/Issues/77636553-6337-4ecd-b170-49e1c07d2fbd.htm

Mike Huckabee A, in my not so humble opinion, is a lying, whining, flip-flopping liberal weasel. He has changed his position on damn near every issue, but on the 2AT, he passes with flying colors. Past and present.
"# The Second Amendment is primarily about tyranny and self-defense, not hunting. The Founding Fathers wanted us to be
able to defend ourselves from our own government, if need be, and from all threats to our lives and property.
# Second Amendment rights belong to individuals, not cities or states. I oppose gun control based on geography.
# I consistently opposed banning assault weapons and opposed the Brady Bill.
# As Governor, I protected gun manufacturers from frivolous law suits.
# I was the first Governor in the country to have a concealed handgun license."
http://www.mikehuckabee.com/?FuseAction=Issues.View&Issue_id=18

RON PAUL A+, "Thomas Jefferson said "The constitutions of most of our States assert that all power is inherent in the people; ...that it is their right and duty to be at all times armed." Jefferson, and all of the Founders, would be horrified by the proliferation of unconstitutional legislation that prevents law-abiding Americans form exercising their right and duty to keep and bear arms. I hope my colleagues will join me in upholding the Founders' vision for a free society by cosponsoring the Second Amendment Restoration Act." & "More importantly, however, the debate about certain types of weapons ignores the fundamental purpose of the Second amendment. The Second amendment is not about hunting deer or keeping a pistol in your nightstand. It is not about protecting oneself against common criminals. It is about preventing tyranny. The Founders knew that unarmed citizens would never be able to overthrow a tyrannical government as they did. They envisioned government as a servant, not a master, of the American people. The muskets they used against the British Army were the assault rifles of the time. It is practical, rather than alarmist, to understand that unarmed citizens cannot be secure in their freedoms."
http://www.ronpaul2008.com/issues/second-amendment/

Do the math for yourselves. Frankly I don't think HUCK or PAUL have any more chance than Fred Thompson does...

But this is still the most important election of our lives, of that much I am certain. Perhaps once again, between the lesser of evils. Maybe if we are lucky the Supreme Court will step up to the plate and make a decision the way it ought to be, based on the 2nd amendment, ie ALL citizens have the right to BEAR ARMS, and all city, county, state laws that impede that, are unconsitutional... but I for one, am not holding my breath.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Mitt Romney in his own words.
http://myclob.pbwiki.com/07-01-2004

“These guns are not made for recreation or self-defense. They are instruments of destruction with the sole purpose of hunting down and killing people.”

Our best shot in my opinion is Huckabee,i think everyone is starting to figure Mitt out.Paul is great just not close enough to make a run.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts