1911Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My commander Wiley Clapp just came to my attention that it has a skeleton trigger on a 70s series frame? Every picture online I have only seen one other with this trigger not the long black 70s style

any help on this one? Poss. new colt employee put the wrong part?

Attachments

·
Administrator
73,016 Posts
If a factory is backordered on a certain part for an extended period of time they will likely substitute it with a different one rather than hold up the entire production line. Colt does it quite often, but other manufacturers have done it as well.

·
Registered
23,176 Posts
I bought mine in 2013 and it had a long black trigger. I have seen them with both types of triggers in gun stores in the last year?...... more than several months at least. To me it is like a "so what?". Find one without the FCS and you will get a lot more feedback.

·
Banned
1,411 Posts
Had three new WC CCOs come through recently with the standard long black. It is such a common part for Colt I'm surprised they'd run out.. Not beyond having been swapped by a warehouse monkey outfitting his new piece. I'd be interested in having a closer look at your trigger out of the gun to see if it is a quality part or something more ATI looking.

·
Administrator
73,016 Posts
Not beyond having been swapped by a warehouse monkey outfitting his new piece.
Many years ago I had an issue with an early Series 70 I ordered that had the OEM grips swapped out by somebody prior to my receiving it. There was no way of finding out who was responsible, and fortunately I had a use for the grips that were on it, but it obviously left a bad taste in my mouth.

·
Premium Member
5,360 Posts
The Colt Wiley Clapp series of pistols have been a huge success for Colt. I don't think they can keep up with demand on parts.

I personally like both type of triggers. The solid one looks more classic and retro of the two.

·
Registered
23,176 Posts
Sort of like for years Defenders had "holey" triggers and now they don't. They also used to say Series 90 on them. We could start another thread on that. OK there have been several threads on that. Oh well. Below are my 2002 in 45 and 2010 in 9mm on the bottom and I did change out the grips.

·
Registered
12,022 Posts
I would've much preferred the solid trigger, but mine came with the 3-hole. Can't really complain though, because all the literature from TALO, including Colt's website, says that they come with a long black trigger.

Technically, they never mention long black SOLID trigger. The 3-hole appears to be a long trigger too, but I think the holes create an optical illusion that makes it appear shorter.

·
Registered
2,393 Posts
How about hammers?
My WCC came with this style and I had my 'smith replace it with the one in the second pic.

·
Registered
220 Posts
My wc commander made in 2014 came with the 3 hole trigger. I think it looks good with the beavertail, novac style rear sights, and fcs. uploadfromtaptalk1439524295221.jpg

·
Registered
3,320 Posts
I had two of the WC's, one came with a solid and the other with a 3 hole. Both were long triggers. Maybe it was just where in the run they came.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts