Plant Easel Sky Textile Tree

·
Registered
Bitter Clinger / Liberty Keeper
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Where do I begin...

The circa 1971 Beretta .32ACP M100

- nice gun but the rear blade sight broke in half on the first shot. I don't have time nor the inclination nor years left in my life to fix. Found the piece and will JB weld it and sell the gun by putting back on consignment (at LGS where I bought it)

Colt hammerless 1903 .32 made in 1921

It shot and functioned just fine. Just not my cup-o-tea. Stopped at at LGS and he gave me $425 for it.

1911s- No discernable difference in accuracy at 30' for these three 9mm 1911s

• Ed Brown FX2 (but was by far the easiest to shoot given the RMRcc milled into the slide)
  • Wilson Combat EDC 9X was nice but nothing to write home about
  • Dan Wesson ECP.. Ho hum... Perfection

Rifles
- the 3.8lb KelTec CMR30 is accurate and a keeper. It's a nice accoutrement to my PMR30 (same mags)

- the KelTec RDB bullpup (with my aftermarket brass catcher, bolt release, angled forward grip, cheek pad, and 2x7 scope) is wonderful! No brass to pick up! a keeper

- the Norinco Type 57 SKS functioned just fine with the new (spring-loaded) firing pin I installed. Ho hum. Not as accurate as my Yugo 59/66 ... I'll probably sell this

A good day ...

·
Administrator
75,390 Posts
- the Norinco Type 57 SKS functioned just fine with the new (spring-loaded) firing pin I installed. Ho hum. Not as accurate as my Yugo 59/66 ... I'll probably sell this
I used to own a Norinco SKS back in the early 90's when they were under $100 a pop. It wasn't especially accurate, but it was still a pretty cool rifle and I regret selling it. They certainly ain't $100 anymore! They had a sort of butt-ugly beauty to them, if that makes any sense...

·
Registered
196 Posts
Interesting.....

I'm currently looking really hard at the EDC X9 because there is a part of me that thinks I need a double-stack 1911ish pistol.
I've been thinking of ordering that same Ed Brown FX2 because it is just so stinkin' cool
I've always wanted Colt Hammerless because I love old Colts.
I have an SKS Type 56, and even have that same folding stock. I believe it's a Tapco?

Anyway, you have a mighty fine taste in firearms. (y)

·
Registered
Bitter Clinger / Liberty Keeper
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If you sold that 1903 or 1908 Colt hammerless for 425$, you made a really big mistake. Just sayin.
Yes, sold the 1903, made in 1921, for $425... One side of it was distressed on the finish.

Kept the 1908, caliber .380, made in 1912 (it's in fantastic shape)... It's worth closer to $1500

·
Registered
25,605 Posts
Yes, sold the 1903, made in 1921, for $425... One side of it was distressed on the finish.

Kept the 1908, caliber .380, made in 1912 (it's in fantastic shape)... It's worth closer to $1500
OK if it had a bad finish I can see that. but the one that you showed a picture of looked pretty clean, at least on the side shown.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts