1911Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up 3 consecutive numbered WWI reproductions NIB. I figured I would keep these as an investment of sorts, since I have plenty of other shooter 1911's. I have carefully inspected these guns, and they are all completely flawless. I have read some stories of thin bluing and other imperfections in these, but I guess I was lucky on this.

What kind of value increase can I expect from something like this? Are consecutive Colts rare and or desired down the road?

Thanks in advance from a long time lurker!

·
Administrator
73,755 Posts
Only time will tell. Congratulations on a nice find, BTW.

·
Registered
6,525 Posts
If you buy guns for an investment, you are not making a good financial decision. They may go up, they may not. Enjoy them and if they do go up, it is your winfall. If they don't or not as much, you had fun.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Gosh I have been debating over getting a WWI for a long time and every time I am about to pull the trigger I find a 'deal' on something else I just gotta have.

Still, I am sure I will get one soon. If I can sell a couple of guns at the funs show this weekend, I just might have enough to clear a WWI if it is still there.

I doubt these will be collectable any time soon as there too many made and lots of them put away as safe queens. So just enjoy them.

·
Registered
23,210 Posts
I guess I would also shoot them and enjoy them. Take care of them and save all the original boxes, etc. If you were only interested in money then gold might have been better.

·
Premium Member
3,907 Posts
dakota1911 said:
I guess I would also shoot them and enjoy them. Take care of them and save all the original boxes, etc. If you were only interested in money then gold might have been better.
Exactly-as a matter of fact, Colt markets some newfangled 'gold' gun every time you turn around with the heinous gold fire controls. Elvis Colt, Snake Skin Colt, Silver Dragon Colt, Tiger Colt, et al...

·
Administrator
73,755 Posts
A Colt WW1 Replica will go up in price, but as long as the originals still exist it will only go up so far. If you're looking for an investment a good-condition original M1911 will always be the better buy.

I must also admit I'm a bit puzzled by the novelty of a triple set of consecutive guns. Most people usually only show interest in a pair, since most of us only have two hands! However a trio might be cool if given as gifts to each of three siblings.

·
Registered
2,393 Posts
USMC 0802 said:
Exactly-as a matter of fact, Colt markets some newfangled 'gold' gun every time you turn around with the heinous gold fire controls. Elvis Colt, Snake Skin Colt, Silver Dragon Colt, Tiger Colt, et al...
These Colt's are usually put out by third party concerns, not Colt.

·
Premium Member
3,907 Posts
wetidlerjr said:
These Colt's are usually put out by third party concerns, not Colt.
Roger that, but they're still NIB Colts that cannot be put out without their permission. Don't want to hijack...And I don't have my dukes up....

In any case, having (3) consecutive is pretty cool, congrats on the find! I like the idea for siblings. I'll have to work on the wife on that one, cause I'll need (4) to include her!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts