1911Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone found a replacement 3-dot Sight (prefer night) for the Pointman Minor. I am a fan of Novaks Lo Mount. I'm looking for something similiar.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I had night sights installed at Dan Wesson on my Pointman Minor. They weren't three-dot but DW can probably guide you.

I would seek Dan Wesson's advice as the DW pistols have a different sort of cut and will probably require a pistol-smith to fit.

Good luck...

By the way, if you find three-dot night sights that fit and are accurate, I would like to know how they work out.

GBM

·
Registered
135 Posts
See your local 'smith first...

Bulldog,

I wanted the 3 dot for my PM major and went ahead and ordered the Novaks from Brownells. When I took the gun to my 'smith he asked me why I was swapping and how much I paid for the replacements. Long story short my smith drilled the existing sights and installed the white dots I wanted for $35! I couldn't tell them apart from the Novak sights when it was done!

Get a cost on modifying your existing sights first before you spend the money on new ones; it could save you both hassle and money.

My $0.02.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts