1911Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, I have an Ultra Carry II. I'm not the most experienced shooter, and this is the only gun I have owned. I am having a significant number of misfeeds. I have had some more experienced shooters watch me for technique, and I have had them shoot the thing with similar results. I see a lot of stuff about the 4" models getting better by installing Wolff's 22lb spring (or similar heavier springs to slow down the slide). Has anyone had similar experience with a 3" barrell model? I'd love to know this could be better for $10. Thanks a lot.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Are you having FTF's or FTE's? If you are having FTF's, it could be the magazine. If you are having FTE's, you should think about sending the pistol back to Kimber if you continue having the problems after the 500 round breakin period.

·
Banned
7,485 Posts
I had massive Failure to Extract problems over 9 months with the External Extractor Ultra Carry II. This your problem? Only fix is a new extractor. Kimber seems to be beta testing these with us.

-- Chuck

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, that is the interesting part, and why I orginally thought it must be my technique. I have experienced stove-pipes, complete failure to extract where the expelled casing is still fully loaded in the chamber, failure-to-feeds where the casing ejects, but the next round doesn't quite make it into the chamber resulting in either a nose-dive misfeed or a misfeed that prevents the slide from coming all the way back to closed. I have only recently become a serious shooter, but i have had some other guys fire the thing with similar results. I will say that other guys get more FTF's than FTE's whereas when I am firing it is the other way around. I'm a little perplexed. Some form of these problems probably occurs once every 2 magazines (And I have tried 2 different Kimber magazines as well as one Wilson Combat with no change.) I appreciate your input. Should I just send the thing back to Kimber and let them look at it?

·
Registered
171 Posts
You could try keeping your mags loaded for about a week before you go to the range. The springs in the mags could be tight. This might make a difference.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts