1911Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently visited my father in Florida and and found something interesting in the gun vault. He has an old Colt DA revolver in .32 Long Colt. I can't even find load data on this. I assume it was loaded in old balloon head brass, but I could be wrong. I have read not to confuse it with .32 S&W Long. I'm not sure if the .32 Long is the same as .32 New Police. Since I'm in the state of confusion right now, can anyone give me directions on how to get out? Any info on this would help. Also, can you shoot .32 acp in this revolver? One of my friends had a NEF revolver in .32 ? something that he shot .32 acp out of because they are semi-rimmed or half-rimmed. Thanks....

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Some people shoot .32 ACP in .32 S&W Long revolvers, but be advised that .32 ACP is a higher pressure round. Bad practice. .32 ACP cartridges will not fit in .32 Long Colt cylinders.

·
Registered
579 Posts
32Long Colt is the same as the old 32 Long CF which used a heel type outside lubricated bullet (Lyman #299153). A outside lubes heel type bullet is used in the 22 LR cartridges.
Tony

1 - 4 of 4 Posts