1911Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a "brand new" Smith and Wesson 32 cal S&W long. It is a model 30-1. Seriously, it has never been fired. Mother had it in a drawer for 50 years or more. Anyway, what size bullet will this take? .312 or .314? Going crazy trying to figure it out. Found some dies at Midsouth for the 32 long, have some bullseye in the cabinet thought I might load a few rounds and play with it. Any help appreciated.

Mark

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
.314 bullet. Had to go all the way back to an old Hercules manual to find any load data, the new Alliant manuals only list .32 H&R magnum. Anyway, the 1981 Hercules manual lists 1.8 grains of Bullseye under a 98 grain lead bullet for 700 FPS and 10,100 CUP. Minimum OAL is 1.265 and standard small pistol primers were used.

I have a Charter Arms Undercoverette in .32 S&W Long. Nice to have around when you can't bring a gun.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
IMASHOOTER2,

Thanks, I'll try that set up. Know this isn't exactly a 1911; however, I felt some one here would have this knowledge. Really don't think this 32 long will make a good backup for my 45. Man the hole in the barrel sure is small.

Mark

1 - 3 of 3 Posts