1911Forum banner

21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
That is cool! My reloads cost me about $0.15/round since I don’t cast my own. Which is a lot of money, but worth it (to me at least) for all the enjoyment I’ve gotten out of working to get better.

Thanks for the kind words guys :)
I was excited when I won an Aimpoint at a 3 gun match. then I made the mistake of figuring out what I spend to win: :scratch:

Week of vacation from work: 1/50 my yearly salary
Match fee: Free! I worked it. like a dog.
gas to match: $50
Hotel for a week: $300
Food for a week: $100
drinks with fellow shooters: $300 :grumble:
3 gun rifle: $2k
3 gun pistol $2k
3 gun shotgun $800
Match ammo: $200
3 months worth of practice ammo for all above $probably $400+

I could have skipped it, bought the T1 i wanted instead of the Pro I won, and then also a car and spent a week in italy instead. but meh, good time :rofl:

·
Registered
232 Posts
I've been seeing this gun pass milestone since before 20k. It seems to only get better with age. And a new barrel if remember correctly.

·
Registered
6,350 Posts
Great story and gun but that reloading bench, fake! No bench can look that clean and organized! :)

Shoot safe and shoot often.....

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Hey dudes, quick update since it was requested. The gun is not yet at 35k. All is well with it, but I’ve gone over to the dark side and started shooting Production division with a VP9, and soon switching to a CZ Shadow 2 (whenever my holster comes from Red Hill). Because of this, I have been shooting the Baer much less. I still shoot it, just not near as much.

Rest assured it will hit 35k, and when it does I will have an update (complete with detail strip pics) for you all :rock:

Pics to hold you over until then:

Baer and USP9 LEM (my carry gun) that I shot at the Wilson Combat Waxahachie Mini Bash (I had to go out there and rep the home team :p )

New Shadow that will soon be my comp gun

Stay tuned!

·
Super Moderator
14,341 Posts
Waxahachie! As in Texas? Ever been to Harris BBQ in Waxahachie? Darn good BBQ...
Yes Waxahachie, as in Texas! (It is where I live, and I'm the Mini-Bash host and organizer). Have had some great guys each year I've held it, usually in January sometime. Although I hang out mostly in the Wilson sub-forum, all makes of guns are welcome at the Mini-Bash. Olds442guy has been to several of them, and his Baer shoots and handles very well. He will tell you, all of my guns have seen holster use, no matter what type finish they have, and my favorite is a blued gun with honest leather holster wear.

·
Premium Member
3,589 Posts
...Ever been to Harris BBQ in Waxahachie? Darn good BBQ...
Completely off-thread, but I guess I'll try Harris BBQ when I pass through Waxahachie next time. I love brisket and have found nobody in Texas beats the brisket at Killen's BBQ in Pearland, TX.

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
I actually have been to Harris BBQ, and can attest to its awesomeness! Very nice people too.

G50AE puts on a great event, and he isn’t kidding when he says he actually uses his guns. I don’t blame him, they are all so much fun to shoot (he’s got some NICE ones)!

·
Premium Member
3,907 Posts
OP- Your gun looks great and it’s neat to see your math for the total bullet weight through the gun.

I’m only at 38k...Too much time shooting my Sig and carbine.

Keep it up!

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
OP- Your gun looks great and it’s neat to see your math for the total bullet weight through the gun.

I’m only at 38k...Too much time shooting my Sig and carbine.

Keep it up!
Thanks! I still haven’t hit 35k even since making this thread... I’ve been shooting my HKs and the Shadow recently. Too many fun guns and not enough time/ammo!

21 - 40 of 40 Posts