1911Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if all 357's can also shoot 38 special and 38 +P???

I'm looking to get a revolver since I already own 7 semi-autos. I believe the 357 gives you a choice of 3 different rounds to fire. This would be a good thing since 38 special is so cheap to shoot. Attached below is the link to the gun I'm looking at. I'm also open to other brands if there is something else I should be looking at. I want a 6 inch barrel. I like that the Taurus allows you to carry 8 rounds.

Thanks for the help.

http://www.taurususa.com/products/product-details.cfm?model=608SS6&category=Revolver

·
Registered
377 Posts
Short answer: Yes

Long Answer: The 357 is basically a stretched, higher pressure 38 spec. The 357 was stretched to insure that nobody put 357 rds into a 38 that couldn't handle the greater pressure, causing a grenade effect. I find shooting 357 to be a blast. In a large frame it should be even more fun (less recoil). The +P is just a little hotter 38.

Steelheart

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
For those of you who shoot revolvers, would I be better off getting a the 627 or the 608. I would change the grip on the 627 to one similar to the 608. The 627 weighs 11 oz less.

Thanks for the help

·
Registered
91 Posts
If cost is not a problem for you I would rather get the Smith & Wesson 686+1 ( .357 cal. ) 7-shooter in 6 inch. barrel (as you may prefer).
The gun has better quality & craftmanship than the 608. Also the trigger pull on most SW revolvers are smooth & lighter out of the box.
I do own a SW 686+1 SS ( 4 in. barrel ) , found the gun to be worth the money. :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts