1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to my LGS today he sold me 357 Magnum at 34.95 per box fiocchi fmj
38 Special Winchester fmj 25.95
3 Boxs each
The 38 Special could sell a case of it at same price point, but have enough 38!
Told me not to buy the high dollar stuff.
Ammo , 357 cheapest price I could find was almost 60.00.
Happy.

·
Registered
585 Posts
That's really not so bad. Ammo isn't going to cost what it did before 2020. It just isn't. .38 Special will be what I pick up next. I'm not in much of a hurry, but I'll back up the truck when I do. When you hear that "beeping" sound, please get out of my way haha :)

·
Administrator
74,730 Posts
That's really not so bad. Ammo isn't going to cost what it did before 2020. It just isn't.
I keep hearing people say that, but it's not necessarily true. I remember when gas first hit $4 a gallon in 2008 and people said we'd never see $2 gas ever again, yet a few years later it did (of course it's now back up to close to $4 again... thanks Dems!).

Ammunition is a commodity affected by global market fluctuations, and right now the market situation not in our favor. Someday it will be, as long as the anti-gunners don't deliberately screw us over. We need a GOP President and Congress again, and for them to get rid of all these new taxes and get global and interstate commerce flowing. As long as we have Democrats in control who are raising taxes and feeling nostalgic about the Carter days of runaway inflation, closing borders and businesses left and right and disrupting the smooth flow of raw materials, and constantly threatening to ban guns and ammo alike we're going to remain in the mess we're currently in.

·
Registered
585 Posts
I keep hearing people say that, but it's not necessarily true. I remember when gas first hit $4 a gallon in 2008 and people said we'd never see $2 gas ever again, yet a few years later it did (of course it's now back up to close to $4 again... thanks Dems!).

Ammunition is a commodity affected by global market fluctuations, and right now the market situation not in our favor. Someday it will be, as long as the anti-gunners don't deliberately screw us over. We need a GOP President and Congress again, and for them to get rid of all these new taxes and get global and interstate commerce flowing. As long as we have Democrats in control who are raising taxes and feeling nostalgic about the Carter days of runaway inflation, closing borders and businesses left and right and disrupting the smooth flow of raw materials, and constantly threatening to ban guns and ammo alike we're going to remain in the mess we're currently in.
I hope you're right, but I don't see how ammo could ever be as cheap as it was when they couldn't give it away. It already should have been more expensive than it was, and no one's going to forget this drought any time soon.

Oil and gas are a little different. Oil tends to get pumped and dumped by traders and opportunists. In 2008, hucksters like Goldman Sachs made everyone think we'd hit "Peak Oil", and prices could only go up. Meanwhile, everyone on the ground knew that the frac boom was just beginning.

Traders pumped the price of oil up to ~$150 a barrel in 2008, and then they dumped it to around ~$30.

In April 2020, someone drove the price of oil below 0$. Whoever it was, I hope they lost their shirt. Anyway, it didn't last long.

(edited my spelling :))

·
Premium Member
9,916 Posts
Reloading from days gone bye. Think about it gals and guys.
He started it!🙂
Seriously though, people are quick to forget that some of the exotics and those calibers that have a bit less popularity (due to the 9) really make loading your own beneficial. 44 mag, 357 and so on for $ 35-45 is insane! 9mm and 223 always get the nod on the assembly line nowadays, so all the others stay jacked up for an extended period of time. Rifle cartridges.....forget about it! $100 for a box of 20 WinMag? Not on your life!!

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Do any of you remember the .22 RF shortage and sky high prices just a few years ago. I remember fellows crying the same sky is falling song back then. Slowly the RF ammo started to reappear and with it a drop in prices. I like dsk believe it will turn with with the GOP gaining control of the WH and both houses. People have had an opportunity to see what a disaster Biden and Harris are. The Mid-terms are right around the corner. Issues like CRIME and defunding the police. An increase in gas prices and inflation will take center stage and that is not a pretty picture for the Dem's. With control of either Houses Biden's agenda is moot. The paranoia around gun control will subside and prices will start to drop as inventories start to increase. It will take some time because other market forces are at play, such as a shortage of raw materials.

·
Premium Member
9,916 Posts
Issues like CRIME and defunding the police. An increase in gas prices and inflation will take center stage and that is not a pretty picture for the Dem's.
Lets hope they pound that FACT home!! BTW...how come no one is blaming Biden for the new Delta Variant?? You can bet the Trumpster would be getting all the blame for that one.......

·
Administrator
74,730 Posts
Unfortunately there are a lot of liberals out there, and they will still vote Democrat even if their candidate died before the election (you guys have all seen it happen). Also look at all the Dems who got busted for drug possession (Marion Barry) or sex offenses (Anthony Weiner) who nonetheless bounced back and easily won re-election simply because they had a (D) next to their name. Adolf Hitler could be reincarnated, and they'll vote for him too as long as he's a Democrat. So no, people are not going to blame the person responsible for our current mess. He'll get a pass like all Dems do.

Anyway, back to the subject I'm still finding it next to impossible to locate any .38 or .357 ammo, reasonably priced or not. It's unbelievable just how popular 9mm and 5.56 has become that they appear to be the only calibers being produced in sufficient volume to even be seen for sale anywhere. Besides those two calibers I've been looking for .44 Special and .45 Colt, but they are even harder to find, and the one time I did see some they were about $2 a round. Times are tough if you're a revolver shooter. The only sixgun I've been able to shoot as late is my Uberti SAA clone... and only because I have a .45ACP cylinder for it.

·
Registered
450 Posts
I don’t have much hope for our future when it comes to ammunition, gasoline or whatever. The Republicans had control at the beginning of Trump’s term, and the House and Senate sat on their hands as far as I’m concerned. Joe and Ho were HORRIBLE candidates. But either half the country voted for them, or the Democrats control the big elections now. Either way, it isn’t good!

·
Premium Member
9,916 Posts
Hopefully, in a generation or so, those kids spawned by the liberal twits will realize their parents were idiots when much of this country lays in ruin. The bright side is that Pelosi and Schumer will be long gone.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts