1911Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just wondering who is anyone has converted their 1640 or other 40 cal? And if so who made the barrel and would you have chosen another barrel maker? My conversion will be put on the Para 1640 Ltd SS. Sorry for posting this in this forum but apparently nobody has made this conversion in the Para forum section. Thanks in advance for input.

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
JD, I'd save your money on this one. While some guns lend themselves to this conversion, the Para isn't one of them. I did one a while back for a customer, and ended up pulling the barrel out and have it sitting in my cabinet, because of VERY erratic feeding. Tried everything we could to get it to work, but no go.

Sorry,

------------------
Don Williams www.theactionworks.com www.pickagripcom

·
Registered
263 Posts
There are a few reasons i can see why a 357sig wouldn't work in the para, all could be fixed though. it would just take a lot of tinkering. first, the 40 doesn't feed well in the para. second, the mags are too long, it would be better suited for a 9x25 dillon conversion. third. there are no existing followers designed for the cartrige.

so if one could design a follower, or tinker with one until it worked, then put a spacer in the back of the magazine and then it might "might" work....

hope this didn't sound ANTI 357sig, because i love the cartrige and carry a glock 32 in 357sig. HOWEVER this will... a 9x23 is more powerful, just as accurate, and has astounding reliablity. it is to the long action autos as the 357sig is to the short action pistols. so, a 9x23 conversion could be done, you get extra rounds in the mag, and more power. a win win situation..... damn it now I have ME wanting an STI 9x23 carry gun.

------------------
Any gun will do if You will do.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts