1911Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have some Hornady #35557B,115 grain FMJ RN bullets that I want to reload in 38 super, anyone have load data for this bullet?I just starting out reloading 38 super and would like to use these up.Not looking for any over the top loads,just something for shooting paper.THANKS

·
Registered
5,151 Posts
You do understand most any brand bullet with similar construction load data is fine to use, as long as you start low and work up?

Bob

·
Registered
250 Posts
I load my .38 Super ammo with 5.5 grains of AutoComp however I use a 125-grain Missouri lead semi-wadcutter and get very good accuracy with that recipe. TiteGroup powder is almost as accurate in my gun and both burn cleanly.

Ed

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
THANKS for the reply's.I found some load data for these bullets in but what else,the Hornady loading manual.Was out doing some last minute Christmas shopping and found the manual at Cables'.Should help out for now.:cool:

·
Registered
250 Posts
You really should have saved your money and instead use the different powder manufacturers' loading data available free on their websites. It's a lot more current and accurate than any book as it can be updated as often as needed and errors can be quickly corrected.

Ed

1 - 5 of 5 Posts