1911Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi evrey can somebody help me to find 38 super once fired brass.i am finding it difficult to find 1000 cases of them. thanks for help

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
mariovella74 said:
hi evrey can somebody help me to find 38 super once fired brass.i am finding it difficult to find 1000 cases of them. thanks for help
The Super is an extremely high pressure round. I don't consider it a good candidate for used brass; you could get some really abused cases. Bite the bullet and buy new, Starline has some good prices.

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
Holy Cow, Gammon. That's gonna come as a BIG surprise to several thousand of us who have reloaded 38 Super for decades! Once fired brass sizes and shoots just fine.

Mario - In my region, dozens of IPSC shooters leave their 38 Super on the ground. Next to 40 S&W and 9mm, it's the most plentiful brass at IPSC pistol shoots. Look for a schedule of local matches and see if they'll let you police their brass.

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
Holy Cow, Gammon. That's gonna come as a BIG surprise to several thousand of us who have reloaded 38 Super for decades! Once fired brass sizes and shoots just fine.

Mario - In my region, dozens of IPSC shooters leave their 38 Super on the ground. Next to 40 S&W and 9mm, it's the most plentiful brass at IPSC pistol shoots. Look for a schedule of local matches and see if they'll let you police
their brass.
I have been loading Super for IPSC competition for a long time. I bought the first "Square Deal" from Dillon made in Super (that's what they told me). I have reloaded this caliber for quite a while and still am a little bit leery of brass OTHER THAN MY OWN. Given the differences in bullet weights used to make major and the barrels/chambers used, some brass will be quite safe to re-use and some could be dangerous. I'd rather be safe than sorry.

PS In my neck of the woods Super shooters leave their brass on the ground because it is junk, no longer worth reloading. Think abut it.

·
Banned
2,925 Posts
That price on brassman for PMC new Super @ $100/1000 delivered isn't bad.
I've only used RP+P Super in my OPEN guns but depending on your load, the PMC should be OK.

·
Registered
3,354 Posts
Brassman is a good guy to deal with. The only complaint I have is he is always out of what I want! Never has 357mag ,44mag and a few others...
Let it be known not many other people have these calibers either... I do buy a lot of 45 and 40 from him.. My vote is for ole John at Brassman..

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
hi guys i just have order my new brass from brassman they are one of a kind to deal with it si one of the best service i have bought from the usa. thanks guys

1 - 11 of 11 Posts