1911Forum banner
41 - 45 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
5,619 Posts
The Glock42 is new, but I’ve fired factory ammo through it
If it runs with factory ammo, you can load generic ammo that runs through all your guns.... but you can only "tailor" ammo to one gun.

I'd load up a few boxes of warm ammo for the g42 and run it hard for a few hundred rounds to se if it loosens up a bit.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
If it runs with factory ammo, you can load generic ammo that runs through all your guns.... but you can only "tailor" ammo to one gun.

I'd load up a few boxes of warm ammo for the g42 and run it hard for a few hundred rounds to se if it loosens up a bit.
I’m thinking of using Win244 since even the starting recommended load seem a bit “snappy” as my wife described it. Your probably correct..running a few boxes of ammo through might loosen it up a bit. The starting load should be fine in the Sig and 911.

·
Premium Member
10,479 Posts
I kind of look at the 244 in a couple ways. The WinClean stuff may be all gimmickry, or not, but availability may be subject to how the wind blows. On the other hand, some say it is there to replace 231?? If that happens....there WILL be a riot! But hey, if this stuff works and you are satisfied, my best advice is to pile that stuff high and deep so you don’t have to worry about it.........right after you corner the market on small pistol primers.🙂

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
I kind of look at the 244 in a couple ways. The WinClean stuff may be all gimmickry, or not, but availability may be subject to how the wind blows. On the other hand, some say it is there to replace 231?? If that happens....there WILL be a riot! But hey, if this stuff works and you are satisfied, my best advice is to pile that stuff high and deep so you don’t have to worry about it.........right after you corner the market on small pistol primers.🙂
Win244 and Win231 are right next to each other in terms of burn rates. Who knows if it will replace 231. It was available so I purchased a large quantity of it. I’ve not seen any of my other favorites available in quite some time…Bullseye, Unique, 700x, Win231 are all “unavailable”. That said, I’ll be using 244 for quite some time..as for SPP…those are like the “chupacabra” people say they exist but no one has seen them..at least not lately! 😂

41 - 45 of 45 Posts