1911Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
after afew weeks on this forum and talking with a couple CD dealers im going to pass on my Chaz daly purchase. Looks like to me for and extra $100 or so I can get better overall craftsmanship with colt or springfield. OR spend the same amount of money on a argentine surplus "sistema" and still get better quality.

one thing that really turned me off was the lame 1 year warranty. if you're really behind your gun guarantee it for life

·
Registered
2,845 Posts
While not wanting to appear anti-CD, I think you made a good decision. I believe every internal part of the guns you mentioned would be well worth the extra $100 or so.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just bought a new efs modle cd it worked flawless with all ammo and several different mag . I allso own a willson custom , The CD is just as good as it , tje slide to frame fit is even tighter and the finish is good no tooling markes anywere. I did put a full length rod guide in it and buffer with a #18 spring at the range to see if it made a differenc. not much was noted.the colts I looked at for the $100.00 more were crap ,poor fit and finnish and tooling marks under the slide .... I'll stick with the Daly

·
Registered
95 Posts
Weel if thats true I'd be feeling kind of foolish paying alot of money for that Wilson

·
Registered
233 Posts
im really interested it many makes and modles of guns in generial, esspecially the 1911-A1. and one thing i have noticed in these forums, is that you cant always please everybody. for the price of a daly its worth adding quality after markit parts. and it still is cheaper than a american made one. and it has YOUR personal touchs. you can give some people the perfect 1911,and they will still find something to cry about. not to mention theyle probily screw up a perfectly perfect 1911. if you look into the other forums youll noticed kimber wilsons and colt seem to all have simler problems...why is that?? the same reasion as we have here in the daly dept. just like that ole boy HATE". HE'S MORE OBVIOUS THAN OTHERS
so far i havent hade NO problem exchanging (ALL)the parts in the frame or the slide..and no it wasnt magic
i did these things because i simply wanted too. not bad considering im no exspert gunsmith,im still learning. as long as my guns work perfectly than (i must be doing something right) so you can now draw your own conclusions.
dalys or as good as you are and better than some think. lol

·
Registered
2,845 Posts
I'm sure Wilson would like to have to opportunity to correct any pistol of theirs that can possibly be considered inferior to a CD, but I can't see how that's possible.

As far as the CD being cheaper than an American made 1911 even after parts are replaced, I don't buy that either.

You will spend well over $100 to replace the internal parts with new quality parts. If I include an ejector replacement with the other parts, I figure $175.15 in replacement parts and I didn't even include the link. To get a decent barrel, add on at least another $75 for a total of $250.15

Now you will have anywhere from $550 to $625 invested in a $375 gun. Now the price difference has dropped dramatically.

I person should not have to be a gunsmith at all to replace every part in any 1911, barring fitting new beavertails and possibly a safety here and there.

·
Registered
233 Posts
howdy i mention earlier in this post, i replaced internal slide parts and internal frame parts only. no barrel or anything like that...as far as i can tell my barrel & linkage is satisfactory, and funtions like it suppose too,not to mention it is tight lock up.i have to admit that the solid barrel bushing has something to be desired, its kinda loose,but than again that seem to be common on alot of out the box .45's . im considering replacing the barrel bushing and i might change to a stainless, i think it would spruce up the ole'daly and help tighten up the groups at the target range. i used kings & cmc and browns parts,ive put rosewood diamond cut gripps,stainless allenhead screws and cmc combat/lowprofile rearsights wich by the way didnt require any gunsmithing and i drilled a small impressing on the frointsight and added white paint...nice looking and a quicker target lineup. you can buy quality aftermarket parts from many sources without spending a small bundle,not that the daly needs all these replacements parts to begin with.these things or tottaly up to each persons hankering.
happy shooting to all!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts