1911Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On AIM's website, www.aimsurplus.com, they have .40 S&W +P ammo. I have never seen nor heard of such a thing, it has sparked my attention though. What are your thoughts on this ammo, dangerous?

·
Registered
90 Posts
It could be over SAAMI standards for pressure.

If you really want that make sure you have a fully supported chamber (Glocks need not apply). The proper way to hot rod a .40 is to buy a 10mm.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've got a USP40 which I believe is capable of handling these things. I'm not gonna get any, just curious as to everybodys opinion.

Mike

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
There is no SAAMI specification for 40 S&W +P. That's nothing but a marketing gimick
Truer words were never spoken.

If you really want that make sure you have a fully supported chamber (Glocks need not apply). The proper way to hot rod a .40 is to buy a 10mm.
Read and heed this advice, friend. If you want to hot rod, go ahead and get that 10. Otherwise, stick to the .40. It's plenty hot enough, and that USP is a fine pistol to shoot it in.

·
Registered
479 Posts
40s&w, 10mm, 400corbon, or 400corbon

Take your pick, but, as everyone else has stated, there is no such thing as a "+P" round for 40s&w.

The only step up from 40s&w is 10mm or to go with 400corbon. The only step up from a 10mm or 400corbon is 40super (which is a 400corbon idea but with extra thick brass and more powder)

Stick with 40s&w. Its cheaper and easier to reload. (same holds true for 10mm)

Enjoy!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts