1911Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
wlel christmas bonus is around the corner, and afte rmany monthes of reading, this is what ive come down to fo rmy 1st 1911 around 400.

sistema
kahr/auto ord
charles daily
rock isalnd armory

am i missing any? let me know what u all think about each, and ur picks.. thanks a bunch

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
<><> isi07734, I pick up my systema Sat. After that I can let you know how it is. I will put it thru it's paces.
Good luck with any of the one that you choose.

========================

<><> Raspy <><>

·
Registered
114 Posts
i have a c daly 'superior' efs and have had no problems since it came back from KBI--grip safety did not work properly when purchased, however it has 'done real good' ever since--good piece for my 400--

·
Registered
331 Posts
I've been very pleased with my Charles Daly.

------------------
Three Blocks Long and Two Lanes Wide...

·
Registered
173 Posts
My vote goes to a S70 any of them you can get for the $400. It will surely be your ticket to happy shooting.

·
Registered
2,395 Posts
I always hate to be the guinea pig, but if I had $400 bucks to spend, I'd probably try the Kahr if I could find one for that price.

·
Registered
731 Posts
The Sistema, without a doubt. I paid $300 for mine, and it is a tack driver--more accurate than one of my custom guns with a Kart barrel. I would not hesitate to buy another Sistema.

Billy Ray

·
Registered
21 Posts
My vote also goes for the Systema. Paid $330 at a local gun show.... a good vendor I've purchased several Makarov's from. Well worth it!!! Excellent finish, Excellent History, A great shooter, 100% Colt.

Just my .02 worth.... Bulgie2

·
Registered
99 Posts
Another vote for a Sistema. I love mine and have even taken to IDPA. The gov't sites were a bit of a challenge, but that's what I'm there for anyway. Great gun; no regrets.

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Rock Island Armory!

These are some of the nicest plain Jane 1911's on the market.

I'm gonna get on e just cuz they're a good value.

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
I have a CD that has 7K rounds through it. I'm very pleased with the gun. But I have to admit that Rock Island Armory seems to be a better buy. I've handled one at the gunshow and it seems to have a better fit than my CD. And its only $285 dealer price!

·
Registered
1,956 Posts
If your eyesight isn't good stay away from the Systema Colt 1927. My eyesight is such that i couldn't pick up the sights well enough to shoot the pistol well. It is as my gunsmith getting Novak's, match bushing, sear and trigger job.

If I were you I would look at the Kahr Paraordnance 1911A1. Why? If you by it and try it I will know if I want to buy one.

Regards,

Richard

·
Registered
17 Posts
I believe you can also find the Dan Wesson Pointman Minor in that price range. I am not currently an owner of one, but I am seriously looking at the Pointman Major for the added value. The minor looks very nice for a little less.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts