1911Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will be staring to load 40 S&W next week with my Square Deal B press and most of my brass is once fired through Glocks. My question is Do I need to size the brass first through a Lee FCD or some other sort of die , or do I load up the brass and then pass it through a sizing die?

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
Size the brass first and then reload. If the loads weren't super hot, chances are the base of the brass won't be bulged from the Glock barrel. I always use the standard SDB die and it works fine.

I have reloaded many hundreds of rounds of Glock brass on my SDB and then used those loads in my Brazos Custom limited gun with very good results.

·
Registered
147 Posts
EGW die

I have read a few things on using the sizing die from EGW ($22.00). This die is supposed to remove the buldge caused by the unsupported chambers, plus size the case .001" smaller. Does anyone have any issues running Glock buldged brass through the EGW dies without further bulging concerns in a 1911? How about multiple loadings at 165 PF? Or will the cases need roll sizing at a certain point to avoid failure to feed issues?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts