1911Forum banner

1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
COVID-19 $&@/ sucks. The first week was fever, fatigue and pain. The next three weeks was chest pains that made me feel as though two body builders where pulling on either side my chest cage 24-7. For three weeks I in got about 1-3 hours of sleep a day. I am allergic to Tylenol codeine, morphine, and opioids. I was allowed Motrin. It felt like my fingers getting cut off all over again. The last week I was going through the pain and hardly able to move, sleep, eat or talk was testing negative to Covid. This thing sucks. Now matter how to string it. It sucks.

I went from someone who thought masked where a total waist of time time to believing in them. The three nurses that tended to me at home never had Covid. Their coworkers that relaxed on the masks ALL got Covid and some just as bad as me. The health care workers that wore masks form me where regular fabric ones. Three layers like normal and that’s it. Gloves and washing like any doc would.

I know where I got Covid from. Everything lined up just perfect from a specific person, to showing symptoms, to testing positive, to giving it to my 10 month old daughter ( before i new or felt I had it) to getting hit like a ducking freight train from it. I got to see my wife and daughter for the first time in a month and a half four days ago. I’ve never felt so drained.

I always felt this was something that would be like a 2-3 day flue and and be gone and on with life. While it didn’t kill me it. It tried. As some one who is allergic to most pain killers, you really don’t want to encounter this. How did we know I was allergic to pain meds? We found out via Covid. I now wear a face mask. The FAA says I can return to work next week. Since this started we have lost two pilots and six flight attendance .

it is very real. If you live in an area that is hardly affected then consider your self lucky. But it’s on its way. Other wise wear a mask. It’s does something, while it’s proven 100% effective or not it does ALOT. The one place I did not wear a mask since February of 2020, I got Covid. And it ****ing hurts like nothing I’ve felt before except getting my fingers cut off.

wear the mask for others. Not just you. Your spouse or significant other or the people around you. It won’t be fore ever.

For those of you that say you can’t breath in a mask.....I’ve been wear medical grade as well as home made asked for three weeks now 24-7 with no effect. If you can’t breath with one on......you have bigger probs to worry about.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We’ve moved on from the COVID is a hoax thing. We’re on to the election hoax now. Try to keep up!

Glad you and your daughter are on the mend!
Glad to hear that you have moved on. Many and most have not. There are many that still believe it’s a scam and put many at risk. We get daily emails from our company headquarters for how many flights kick people off due to Covid infection or mask refusing. It’s sad really. Those are the ones that we worry about. Not believing what is the next hoax.

·
Premium Member
2,236 Posts
Covid is real, the RESPONSE is a hoax. The folded napkin they're mandating you wear over face is COMPLETELY INEFFECTIVE in preventing the transmission of a virus. NO HEALTHCARE WORKER ON EARTH is wearing a cloth fabric (bandana) or surgical mask while working in a Covid unit...they wear (EDIT: properly fitted) N95 and full PPE gear.

THIS IS ABOUT CONTROL.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Covid is real, the RESPONSE is a hoax. The folded napkin they're mandating you wear over face is COMPLETELY INEFFECTIVE in preventing the transmission of a virus. NO HEALTHCARE WORKER ON EARTH is wearing a cloth fabric (bandana) or surgical mask while working in a Covid unit...they wear N95 and full PPE gear.

THIS IS ABOUT CONTROL.

OP see what I mean? We’ve moved on from the whole COVID is a hoax thing. We’ve turned our attention to what nurses wear, and by golly it isn’t what is sheeple wear. Never mind that they are around COVID infected people for the duration of their work day where we keep our distance. Just look at firefighters it should be clear that we can’t escape a fire without all the gear they have. Fire extinguishers are a hoax!

·
Premium Member
2,236 Posts
OP see what I mean? We’ve moved on from the whole COVID is a hoax thing. We’ve turned our attention to what nurses wear, and by golly it isn’t what is sheeple wear. Never mind that they are around COVID infected people for the duration of their work day where we keep our distance. Just look at firefighters it should be clear that we can’t escape a fire without all the gear they have. Fire extinguishers are a hoax!
So now its exposure time?? You're an uninformed individual and your opinion means little to me on the subject of mask filtration and micron particle size. Clearly keep using sarcasm to try and prove your point, though. I'll rely on the science.

·
Registered
869 Posts
So wearing paper mask is about control? Control of what? Are you saying the WHO, or U.S. Government, or "insert secret society here" has a an ultimate goal of making innocent people wear masks on their faces? That's what all the secret planning has been about??? Making people wear masks on their faces?

I've watched every James Bond movie ever made. And I don't recall any of the evil villains having the goal of making people wear masks. They typically aimed a bit higher on the devious scale.

·
Premium Member
2,236 Posts
So wearing paper mask is about control? Control of what? Are you saying the WHO, or U.S. Government, or "insert secret society here" has a an ultimate goal of making innocent people wear masks on their faces? That's what all the secret planning has been about??? Making people wear masks on their faces?

I've watched every James Bond movie ever made. And I don't recall any of the evil villains having the goal of making people wear masks. They typically aimed a bit higher on the devious scale.

How would you explain a government mandate with absolutely NO scientific data to back it up? Its a litmus test to see who will willing comply.
Guess you're perfectly fine with the government telling you how many family members you CANT have in your home for the holidays, huh?

Jump on the train car, bro...they're offering free showers at the summer camp.

·
Registered
708 Posts
I had a cousin in her mid 60's and her husband in mid 70's both contract covid with minor symptoms and only had to self quarantine for 2 weeks. An aunt with health issues died about 2 weeks ago from covid. I have type 2 diabetes, past heart surgery etc, so I'll take my chances and be a sheep and wear a mask etc.
p.s. glad you pulled through Thisisyourcaptin

·
Premium Member
2,236 Posts
I had a cousin in her mid 60's and her husband in mid 70's both contract covid with minor symptoms and only had to self quarantine for 2 weeks. An aunt with health issues died about 2 weeks ago from covid. I have type 2 diabetes, past heart surgery etc, so I'll take my chances and be a sheep and wear a mask etc.
p.s. glad you pulled through Thisisyourcaptin
As is your freedom to CHOOSE to do so. You're in a high-risk category, and therefore should limit your exposure and wear whatever gives you peace of mind. But the government has no business shutting down our society and forcing healthy, low-risk individuals to wear masks for what essentially amounts to glorified virtue-signaling...for a virus that has a 99.8% survival rate, and the .02% at risk is OVER 70 years of age.

I wont pretend that what I post here will change anyone's mind about Covid. Those who take the Blue pill dont want to see the truth behind the façade.

·
Premium Member
13,384 Posts
Of course CV9 is real and killing a lot of people...But, the total deaths are very likely quite exaggerated. Death by influenza, pneumonia, and other things look a lot like Covid. The covid test gives both false positives and false negatives. There are baked-in advantages to claiming death by covid too some monetary, some political.

On masks, N95 masks work extremely well, been using them since 2007 during flue season when I had my first series of chemo...I can't speak to lesser performance masks though. But I would guess anything which provides a barrier to the virus which rides on the bodily fluids being exhaled and inhaled is at least a marginal benefit. That said, I tried one of those paper masks this summer when mowing my lawn and it didn't even stop the grass pollen, so although it may be OK for a job slicing cold-cuts at the local deli pre-CV9, I wouldn't use one of this quality if I was going to Africa to fight Ebola. ;)

Although I am a firm believe in mask and social distances (I have been doing it since 2007 every year in flue season), the Government should tread lightly with new laws. Education and personal freedom's/choice above laws.

These lefty governments are totally out of control, restricting people from worshiping, and having Thanksgiving, etc...All while the Lefty-Hypocrites and evil doers allow mass riots in the streets, and the Lefty politicians are again and again caught violating their own unconstitutional CV9 laws. And then they still deny it. Up is down, down is up. It is the land of OZ - "Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain...We don't violate our own CV9 laws, we don't support Rioters they are peaceful protesters, there is no Biden PC, and everyone knows our elections are fair especially in Philly NV and MI. It is your own eyes which are deceiving you, not us."

These are an evil bunch we are dealing with, master's of propaganda, deceit, and lies. Hate and violence are their bedfellows. Marxism always has been evil and always will be evil.

·
Premium Member
7,782 Posts

You are missing the point here. The CDC and the rest have NOTHING else. They had no idea how to react to this type of situation (thanks Obama). They know they couldn’t possibly mandate full hazmat suits to everyone, so they go down the list. They finally arrived at the home made mask from Fruit of The Loom. “Yes, we can get them to wear that”. And, and, tell them not to stand close to anyone.....”how bout 6 feet” came from the corner of the conference table from some fat guy with a donut in his mouth.
You see, this garbage has been pulled out of thin air because they have no answer. They had to give the weak minded a crutch so they didn’t implode from anxiety. Then, the experiments began with just how far the people could be pushed. The mask and grass pollen is a great example, just like putting up a chain link fence to keep mosquitoes out of your yard. Yes, it’s everyones choice to mask up and i’ll Say it again, no one has the right to be yelling at me from across the street as I walk my dog without a mask. F-Off you freaking idiot!

·
Registered
3,616 Posts
How would you explain a government mandate with absolutely NO scientific data to back it up? Its a litmus test to see who will willing comply.
Guess you're perfectly fine with the government telling you how many family members you CANT have in your home for the holidays, huh?

Jump on the train car, bro...they're offering free showers at the summer camp.
My sister in law's grandmother was a concentration camp survivor. If she was still around she would agree 100%.

·
Registered
767 Posts
COVID-19 $&@/ sucks. The first week was fever, fatigue and pain. The next three weeks was chest pains that made me feel as though two body builders where pulling on either side my chest cage 24-7. For three weeks I in got about 1-3 hours of sleep a day. I am allergic to Tylenol codeine, morphine, and opioids. I was allowed Motrin. It felt like my fingers getting cut off all over again. The last week I was going through the pain and hardly able to move, sleep, eat or talk was testing negative to Covid. This thing sucks. Now matter how to string it. It sucks.

I went from someone who thought masked where a total waist of time time to believing in them. The three nurses that tended to me at home never had Covid. Their coworkers that relaxed on the masks ALL got Covid and some just as bad as me. The health care workers that wore masks form me where regular fabric ones. Three layers like normal and that’s it. Gloves and washing like any doc would.

I know where I got Covid from. Everything lined up just perfect from a specific person, to showing symptoms, to testing positive, to giving it to my 10 month old daughter ( before i new or felt I had it) to getting hit like a ducking freight train from it. I got to see my wife and daughter for the first time in a month and a half four days ago. I’ve never felt so drained.

I always felt this was something that would be like a 2-3 day flue and and be gone and on with life. While it didn’t kill me it. It tried. As some one who is allergic to most pain killers, you really don’t want to encounter this. How did we know I was allergic to pain meds? We found out via Covid. I now wear a face mask. The FAA says I can return to work next week. Since this started we have lost two pilots and six flight attendance .

it is very real. If you live in an area that is hardly affected then consider your self lucky. But it’s on its way. Other wise wear a mask. It’s does something, while it’s proven 100% effective or not it does ALOT. The one place I did not wear a mask since February of 2020, I got Covid. And it ****ing hurts like nothing I’ve felt before except getting my fingers cut off.

wear the mask for others. Not just you. Your spouse or significant other or the people around you. It won’t be fore ever.

For those of you that say you can’t breath in a mask.....I’ve been wear medical grade as well as home made asked for three weeks now 24-7 with no effect. If you can’t breath with one on......you have bigger probs to worry about.
If you were testing negative for Covid did you have it? Glad you're doing better..

·
Registered
820 Posts
For me, it was never that COVID was a hoax. People I know were working the wards. First, it had an unknown and likely high death rate. Over time, the severity of the disease and mortality rate dropped. The MSM continued to act like it was the next small pox. I knew by June it was not based upon what medical people were telling me. They contined to treat it as severe disease IN A HOSPITAL SETTING due to the nature of patients there. But for most people, it may be a light cold. For the rest that get it, it’ll be a rough flu and a small percentage will be hospitalized. An even smaller percentage will be put in the ICU. ICU deaths dropped from 25% at the beginning to less than 10% now. One article states the ICU death rate dropped from 60% by the end of March to 42% at the end of May. It is far less now.

Anecdotally, at that local hospital, the first month was awful and they lost many patients at a local hospital. Those 30 days taught the staff what to do and what to avoid. They lost 2/3 of ICU patients then, but now it is far lower. This summer it was around 1/3 and I do not know the rate for October 2020.

Overall, government policy has not caught up with the emerging data. I believe this is the cause of the grumbling and resistance to government policy. Governors have seen the data, but continue to act as they did in March 2020. This leads people to the conclusion that politicians are using COVID as an excuse to expand their power.

·
Registered
869 Posts
I look at it this way. If you don't want to wear a mask, because you don't feel there's any science behind it, or you just don't like anyone telling you what to do, or whatever other reason you want to come up with, then don't wear a mask. We're all adults. We make our own decisions and we live with the consequences. You may contract Covid and get a headache, or die, but you made a decision and you get whatever consequences that might come.

On the other hand, if you want to wear a mask because the government said so, or you feel safer, or whatever reason you want to come up with, then wear a mask. Other than looking goofy, I figure there's little downside to it. It may do nothing, or it may provide some protection. But again, we're all adults free to decide for ourselves.

But here's the big thing. Make your decision but then don't attack others for whatever they decide. If you think non-mask wearers pose a threat to you, then steer clear of them but don't criticize them openly. If you think mask wearers are sheep, fine. But keep your opinion to yourself. We can all coexist without having to open our yaps and incite disagreements.

My sis got Covid about a month ago and I was truly worried. She's my best friend in the world. Luckily, she had terrible flu-like symptoms for 3 days, then got over it. One of her coworkers got it on vacation, came back and gave it to her parents, then she buried her dad a short while later. My sis was torn up about it. I can't imagine how her friend feels.

My sis and I were discussing Thanksgiving last week. She's going to fix dinner and her son and daughter (and her new husband) are coming in. I'm also going to eat there. However, my 85 year old dad and 80 year old mom are not coming. Neither is my sis's husband's mom and dad or similar ages. However, I AM NOT going to argue about their decision to not attend the dinner. They are adults and get to make their own decisions about their lives and potential consequences. My job is to respect their decisions.

Yeah, the vast majority of people who get Covid don't die. But how would you live with yourself if you were the one that gave it to a family member or friend, and they ended up dying?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Here is a link to a recently completed study in Sweden on the effectiveness of mask wearing. The fact is that there is no clear evidence on the reduction of COVID transmission when it comes to masks and whether it is a very effective preventative measure or not. There are also multiple studies that show a reduced efficacy based on surgical masks vs. cloth masks vs. gaiters etc.

Here is the question you should honestly ask yourself. If masks are incredibly effective at stopping COVID transmission, then why hasn't the government (federal or state level) gone all in on providing surgical masks for free to the general public and business so that every time a person is in close proximity to other in the public space they are masked. Doing so would be far more cost effective than the billions of dollars state governments have lost in revenue due to lockdowns and business closures. The answer should be quite clear.

ACP Journals

1 - 20 of 82 Posts