1911Forum banner

21 - 40 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
So wearing paper mask is about control? Control of what? Are you saying the WHO, or U.S. Government, or "insert secret society here" has a an ultimate goal of making innocent people wear masks on their faces? That's what all the secret planning has been about??? Making people wear masks on their faces?

I've watched every James Bond movie ever made. And I don't recall any of the evil villains having the goal of making people wear masks. They typically aimed a bit higher on the devious scale.
Stop taking things to the extreme.
By control we're not implying a global illuminati type bs conspiracy.

By control we mean governor whitmer ignoring a court order on unconstitutional edicts.
By control we mean California having a curfew when the governor attends a large dinner party with no masks.
By control we mean shutting down small businesses while Nancy Pelosi has her hair cut.
By control we mean a court ruling governor Newsoms executive order to issue mail in ballots was an unconstitutional exercise of executive power.
By control we mean mask mandates even when you're by yourself.
By control we mean PA requiring masks IN YOUR OWN HOME.
By control we mean the Italian "where's your travel papers"
By control we mean a global vaccine passport (Ticketmaster, and some airlines are already working on this)

These people want to control your life.
It goes bryond this, it extends to what car you drive, what light bulbs you use, what did you eat, what school you attend.

Masks are just the most visible form of this control.

Understand?

·
Registered
641 Posts
Well ... yes, yes you are.

This isn't a James Bond film. This is real life in America, a nation in which an entire generation has no clue what liberty means. Furthermore it doesn't want to know. It thoughtlessly prefers being nannied at every turn.

·
Registered
7,707 Posts
For me, it was never that COVID was a hoax. People I know were working the wards. First, it had an unknown and likely high death rate. Over time, the severity of the disease and mortality rate dropped. The MSM continued to act like it was the next small pox. I knew by June it was not based upon what medical people were telling me. They contined to treat it as severe disease IN A HOSPITAL SETTING due to the nature of patients there. But for most people, it may be a light cold. For the rest that get it, it’ll be a rough flu and a small percentage will be hospitalized. An even smaller percentage will be put in the ICU. ICU deaths dropped from 25% at the beginning to less than 10% now. One article states the ICU death rate dropped from 60% by the end of March to 42% at the end of May. It is far less now.

Anecdotally, at that local hospital, the first month was awful and they lost many patients at a local hospital. Those 30 days taught the staff what to do and what to avoid. They lost 2/3 of ICU patients then, but now it is far lower. This summer it was around 1/3 and I do not know the rate for October 2020.

Overall, government policy has not caught up with the emerging data. I believe this is the cause of the grumbling and resistance to government policy. Governors have seen the data, but continue to act as they did in March 2020. This leads people to the conclusion that politicians are using COVID as an excuse to expand their power.
This tracks with info from people in healthcare I've known for decades.

For the very worst cases, it is destructive and damaging, frequently deadly.

For the majority of cases, the severity varies greatly.

I stated early on "They" don't know what "They" don't know.

I think that while "They" know more now than they did months ago, "They" still don't know what "They" don't know when it comes to COVID-19.

For example, try getting an answer to this question: "Where are all of those people who are infected by COVID-19 getting infected?"

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
If you were testing negative for Covid did you have it? Glad you're doing better..
I guess what I wrote can be miss read. it was not as clear as it could have been. I did test positive. Four different times too. It was the negative tests that where frustrating as I still very much had it and the symptoms.

·
Premium Member
7,688 Posts
But here's the big thing. Make your decision but then don't attack others for whatever they decide. If you think non-mask wearers pose a threat to you, then steer clear of them but don't criticize them openly. If you think mask wearers are sheep, fine. But keep your opinion to yourself. We can all coexist without having to open our yaps and incite disagreements.
I like this!!!
One exception though....we should all be allowed to punch the righteous Prius driver alone in the car with the mask on. It is so ridiculously stupid that they must be infringing on some type of law that says no excessive stupidity in public. I need to buy a bunch of Corona stickers, put them on a hand held sign as I drive by and watch them fly off into the ditch in an effort to get away.

·
Registered
262 Posts
So now its exposure time?? You're an uninformed individual and your opinion means little to me on the subject of mask filtration and micron particle size. Clearly keep using sarcasm to try and prove your point, though. I'll rely on the science.
You’re simply foolish. Comparing the risk and protective measures nurses take with “folded napkins” us SHEEPLE wear told me all I needed to know.

·
Premium Member
2,215 Posts
You’re simply foolish. Comparing the risk and protective measures nurses take with “folded napkins” us SHEEPLE wear told me all I needed to know.
"Foolish"?? No sir, I'm on the front line of this "pandemic" [insert eye-roll here] every shift. Im exposed to CoV2+ patients. I know what is required to donn and doff PPE effectively to prevent cross-contamination. Ive been in the healthcare field for 32 years, and on Pediatric side for 22. Ive learned a thing or two, and I can tell you that WAY more kids are dying from suicide from the shutdown isolations than Covid. Way more humans of ALL ages are dying from cancer, heart disease, obesity, opioid overdose, auto fatalities, etc, etc, etc than Covid.

Wear your folded napkin, tell your family Christmas is cancelled, hide in your home... and, yeah, be a "sheeple". It wont make ANY difference. We're ALL gonna get this virus (I already have), and you will either die from it or you wont...but you have a 99.8% chance of NOT, and that's better than your odds in rush hour traffic in Dallas.

Folks continue to ignore sheer hypocrisy of the government officials issuing these mandates. Did you even see the photo of Gavin Newsom having his birthday dinner at an indoor restaurant with 14 guests and NO MASKS. The same dipsh*t that is telling California residents to "put their masks on in-between bites of food"!! How are you not outraged over the absolute STUPIDITY of all of this.

Like I said, those that choose the "Blue Pill" dont WANT to see the truth.

·
Registered
863 Posts
I like this!!!
One exception though....we should all be allowed to punch the righteous Prius driver alone in the car with the mask on. It is so ridiculously stupid that they must be infringing on some type of law that says no excessive stupidity in public. I need to buy a bunch of Corona stickers, put them on a hand held sign as I drive by and watch them fly off into the ditch in an effort to get away.
Hilarious! I've seen the same thing and it always brings a smile to my face. I've not noticed it being confined to Prius drivers though. But I think it also illustrates the point that Americans have opinions from "it's a complete hoax" to "I'll get it if I step outside and take a breath".

Me? I'm just looking forward to us all being past it. Here in Kentucky, the restaurants all got closed tonight at 5 PM for inside dining until who knows when. I don't eat out often, but it is nice to be able to do so every now and then.

·
Premium Member
7,688 Posts
"Foolish"?? No sir, I'm on the front line of this "pandemic" [insert eye-roll here] every shift. Im exposed to CoV2+ patients. I know what is required to donn and doff PPE effectively to prevent cross-contamination. Ive been in the healthcare field for 32 years, and on Pediatric side for 22. Ive learned a thing or two, and I can tell you that WAY more kids are dying from suicide from the shutdown isolations than Covid. Way more humans of ALL ages are dying from cancer, heart disease, obesity, opioid overdose, auto fatalities, etc, etc, etc than Covid.

Wear your folded napkin, tell your family Christmas is cancelled, hide in your home... and, yeah, be a "sheeple". It wont make ANY difference. We're ALL gonna get this virus (I already have), and you will either die from it or you wont...but you have a 99.8% chance of NOT, and that's better than your odds in rush hour traffic in Dallas.

Folks continue to ignore sheer hypocrisy of the government officials issuing these mandates. Did you even see the photo of Gavin Newsom having his birthday dinner at an indoor restaurant with 14 guests and NO MASKS. The same dipsh*t that is telling California residents to "put their masks on in-between bites of food"!! How are you not outraged over the absolute STUPIDITY of all of this.

Like I said, those that choose the "Blue Pill" dont WANT to see the truth.
Thanks FM, this is absolutely spot on!👍

·
Premium Member
7,688 Posts
Hilarious! I've seen the same thing and it always brings a smile to my face. I've not noticed it being confined to Prius drivers though. But I think it also illustrates the point that Americans have opinions from "it's a complete hoax" to "I'll get it if I step outside and take a breath".

Me? I'm just looking forward to us all being past it. Here in Kentucky, the restaurants all got closed tonight at 5 PM for inside dining until who knows when. I don't eat out often, but it is nice to be able to do so every now and then.
Early on, during the Spring, two women from the East somewhere actually called 911 because the virus was coming to get them! When authorities arrived, the women pointed out their window at the light layer of pollen all over the sidewalk and cars. This is the problem. The ignorance, the sheer stupidity of so many. I will guarantee that those women both sleep with a mask on. I do not suffer fools gladly!

·
Registered
4,675 Posts
Early on, during the Spring, two women from the East somewhere actually called 911 because the virus was coming to get them! When authorities arrived, the women pointed out their window at the light layer of pollen all over the sidewalk and cars. This is the problem. The ignorance, the sheer stupidity of so many. I will guarantee that those women both sleep with a mask on. I do not suffer fools gladly!
I used to wonder how people could be so stupid, but nothing surprises me anymore. I work in a job dealing with the general public on a daily basis. There is no such thing as common sense, and it is very clear that our education system is broken. It explains how we end up with people like biden, whitmer, newsome, pelosi, AOC, and so on in office.

·
Registered
3,011 Posts
8 mos. of masks and ANTI-social distancing have failed. What next? TWO masks, and 50' of distancing?! :rolleyes:

It's an AIRBORNE virus, and like all viruses, it KILLS some people - it GREATLY sickens others - it MILDLY sickens others - and has NO effect on still others.

Are we gonna shut down the country, with every case of the sniffles, from here on out? :mad:(n)

·
Registered
705 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Personally, I think that all though masks may help, the lack of scientific evidence suggests that the mandates are intended to distract us from the real question. Who released the virus in the first place?

·
Premium Member
7,688 Posts
This tracks with info from people in healthcare I've known for decades.

For the very worst cases, it is destructive and damaging, frequently deadly.

For the majority of cases, the severity varies greatly.

I stated early on "They" don't know what "They" don't know.

I think that while "They" know more now than they did months ago, "They" still don't know what "They" don't know when it comes to COVID-19.

For example, try getting an answer to this question: "Where are all of those people who are infected by COVID-19 getting infected?"
This is just it, they don’t know squat. They had to mandate the first thing that they figured was a reachable target, DESPITE Fauci and the world saying “don’t wear masks, it won’t do anything”. When they looked around and came to the conclusion that they had to come up with something, the mask was the only attainable goal they could go after. Even initially, there were warnings that home made stuff was ineffective. But then, because there weren’t enough N95’s, all of a sudden they were fine. These doorknobs know exactly what’s going on and don’t want to panic the weak minded sheep by telling them this thing just needs to run it’s course. They make it sound like it’s some major medical breakthrough when they come to the “scientific” conclusion that more cases are spread where there are large groupings of people.......Well, no s#!t Sherlock!

·
Registered
15,569 Posts
This whole thing is not about the mask and it never was. It's about not being able to go to a movie theater or a sports stadium or a church or a nursing home to visit your mother. It's about losing the business you've put your life into for no reason. It's about being a good citizen and doing anything the Govt. tells you while taking away your rights. The American people should be outraged. They should be coming up the road with pitchforks and torches and screaming ENOUGH!!!!

·
Registered
3,468 Posts
"No sir, I'm on the front line of this "pandemic" [insert eye-roll here] every shift. Im exposed to CoV2+ patients. I know what is required to donn and doff PPE effectively to prevent cross-contamination.
That doesn't make you immune to being foolish.
You don't understand the difference between PPE and source containment.
You don't have a grasp on a full range of data on source containment that we have.
You don't understand the interplay between mortality and prevalence.
You either don't understand or choose to ignore the interplay between prevalence and system resources. You ignore what that does to non-covid patients too.
"We all gonna get it" is far from a foregone conclusion, with 4% of population infected so far, and we're few months away from vaccination.

Note there is no word of blanket national lockdown advocacy in what I've just said.

I presume I don't need to tell you what I do, how long I've been doing this, and how much I am exposed to Covid19. That said, sorry for interrupting, please continue with your preaching to the local choir. Echo chambers are great for convincing yourself you're right.

Reactions: CBR1107

·
Premium Member
7,688 Posts
I still fail to see how it is in any way possible that this virus has not infected at least 50% of the population. No one (CDC or Dem puppets) is taking into consideration that this thing has been around for a year. They are also not factoring in ALL of the asymptomatic cases added to the number of people that just shrugged it off as a cold or allergies and never got tested. Seems to me that this death virus, as “contagious” as it is would have shaken hands with far more folks than is being reported. The other side of the argument is how are we at 4% when multitudes of large cities have pretty much already claimed their entire populations as positive over the course of a year. Do the math, if 10% of your population show up as positive cases EVERY DAY, you are gonna exceed your population in a hurry. BIG numbers when they need them, SMALL numbers when you need to be scared some more. Can’t have it both ways fellas.

·
Premium Member
7,688 Posts
This whole thing is not about the mask and it never was. Itr's about not being able to go to a movie theater or a sports stadium or a church or a nursing home to visit your mother. It's about losing the business you've put your life into for no reason. It's about being a good citizen and doing anything the Govt. tells you while taking away your rights. The American people should be outraged. They should be coming up the road with pitchforks and torches and screaming ENOUGH!!!!
Problem here is that too many are just leaning the pitchfork against the wall. They are content with getting unemployment and free government cheese. Add to that, when the benefits run out, they will all be running around skewering each other because they will have no idea what to do. They want to be controlled. They will be the undoing of this country. They are the Democrat party!

21 - 40 of 48 Posts