1911Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I'm trying to track down the original manufacturer of the holster that Clint Eastwood used in the old Dirty Harry films. Does anyone happen to know anything about the company that made them, or of any other discussion boards/links that may be able to help?

I've heard several people claim that Bianchi holsters were used, and others that say it was an old company named Lawman Leather that is no longer around. I've also had Safariland suggested. Anyone know for sure?

Thank you for any help.

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
No idea right now on the holster, but I read recently that they actually used two Model 29s to film the Callahan movies. One was a six-inch model (or 6.5-inch), and one was an 8 3/8-inch model. The long barrel was used for into-the-muzzle shots so the barrel would look reeeaaaallllyy long to the camera.

------------------
If God didn't want us to own guns, why did He make the 1911?

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
I e-mailed a Clint Eastwood fan site and asked about his shoulder holster. Here is the reply I got:

As for Harry's holster, the Bucheimer company originally manufactured it, and were the ones who brought it back after the Dirty Harry films were a success. They eventually dropped it, citing that the hole in the area of the revolver's cylinder allowed dirt and dust to foul the cylinder. It was then that Lawman Leathergoods began to produce them, until they went out of business. After that, Cathay Leather sold it as the "Dirty Harry Shoulder Holster", until they too went out of business.
Quite an ill-fated holster design, wasn't it?

------------------

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
http://www.the-dirtiest.com/

It's a nice site, if you like Eastwood or Callahan.

------------------

1 - 5 of 5 Posts