1911Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just returned from my annual "sabbatical" in the Hill Country. Using one Garrett 310gr Hammerhead round, Ruger Super Redhawk (7.5"), and Leupold 4X scope, I got a spike buck at 110 yards, and he is in the freezer
. If you hunt with a 44, you may want to try Garrett's ammo. It clocked out at 1,358.7 through my Ruger. Best group size during practice the weekend before the trip was 5 shots with 1.75" extreme spread at 100 yards. I practiced for three weeks prior to that with my handloads to work on technique, group size etc.

·
Registered
284 Posts
I just took delivery of a new Super Blackhawk "Hunter" chambered in 44mag and topped it with a Bushnell 2X32 EER scope to hunt deer and other 4 legged critters with. I also picked up a die set to start reloading 44mag and would be interested in the data on the handloads you've had good luck with (via email) if you wouldn't mind.

Thanks,

Rick

------------------
"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms ... disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. ... Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." -- Thomas Jefferson

[This message has been edited by Bandit (edited 11-09-2001).]

·
Registered
126 Posts
Nice shootin Doc j. I'm going to try that load in my .44 Next year will be my chance to try Handgun for elk. I shot my last few elk and deer at easy handgun range with a scoped -06.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts