1911Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know where I can get more than a box at a time for an affordable price. Getting them by the box a the local shop is killing the wallet.

Thanks in advance!

------------------
"Better to have that and not need it, than to need it and not have it."

Capt. Woodrow F. Call (Lonesome Dove)

·
Registered
3,480 Posts
www.ammoman.com www.natchez.com www.cheaperthandirt.com
Do note that cheaper than dirt is in Texas and so you will have to pay sales tax, whereas the other two are not. Prices at ammoman include shipping. Prices at Natchez do not include shipping so count on there being about $20 more cost to you than the list price (per case of 1000). That is about what it runs me to have ammo shipped from Natchez to here in north Texas. If you don't reload your brass, try going with Blazer .45 ammo. It will cost about $175 to have it delivered. I have had positive dealings with all three companies listed, no problems.

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
I've been buying from www.midwayusa.com for a while now. They have good prices and they ship pretty much immediately. (I tried calling them several hours after placing an order once, to add something to the order, and found that they had already shipped my stuff. I've also gotten the order receipt and order shipped e-mails eight hours apart.)

------------------
If God didn't want us to own guns, why did He make the 1911?

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What is the general opinion on the Wolf ammo. I have a friend that told me it really sucked, but that is the only opinion I have gotten on it.

Thanks

------------------
"Better to have that and not need it, than to need it and not have it."

Capt. Woodrow F. Call (Lonesome Dove)

[This message has been edited by Jon Perez (edited 11-20-2001).]

·
Registered
953 Posts
I have used .45 Wolf extensively this last summer - to the tune of 2000 rounds. Very few failures, and all rounds fired on the first strike of the firing pin. Accuracy has been slightly better than similarly priced ammo, although that could be due to me shooting more often, and staying in practice.

However, on my range session last Tuesday, I had a box of Wolf that would not chamber into my Ruger P97. After trying to chamber a round, my 97 locked up like a vault. I had to tap the slide on a wooden bench (muzzle downrange), then fire the pistol to clear the chamber. This happened 3 times. I fired the rest of the box through my 1991 with no problem.

I am now on the fence about Wolf, but you should make your own choice. By the way there has been no accelerated wear on any gun I have used Wolf in. I am still burning it up in my AR 15 (3000 rounds in 4 months.)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts