1911Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody have load data for this? I have 4 loading manunals, but can't find anything except RNJHP, OAL 1.19". I know whatever works, but I want to go by the book.

TIA

EAL

·
Registered
520 Posts
You can pretty much use any 200 gr lead load data you have. Most RNFP have close dimensions to a LSWC. I have loaded RNFP from Bear Creek (now extinct) and Precision with OAL 1.235. It is safe to increase the OAL for a published load, and reasonable safe to decrease a little bit the OAL on 45 ACP. 45 ACP standard pressures are mild compared to other calibers. Just avoid shortening the OAL for max loads.

·
Registered
15,319 Posts
theory

Perhaps there is a reason data is not readily available (like a fer-crap bullet that's difficult at best to get reliable function?).

Have you contacted the bullet manufacturer for load data?

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Perhaps there is a reason data is not readily available (like a fer-crap bullet that's difficult at best to get reliable function?).

Have you contacted the bullet manufacturer for load data?
Maybe you hit the nail right on the head. That's the problem, reliability!

Back to LSWC's I guess.

Thanks

EAL

·
Registered
47 Posts
I'm a cowboy shooter and have plenty of this style bullet, started combat shooting and didn't want to buy more bullets for the 45 ACP unless I had to, found some posts that people have tried and I tried it, did several of different loads with clays before I settled on one that does me just right for combat shooting and plinking, my load is 3.9 grains of Clays with the 200 grain RNFP bullet. They all cycle good in all of my 1911's with no problems.

All for now JD Trampas

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm a cowboy shooter and have plenty of this style bullet, started combat shooting and didn't want to buy more bullets for the 45 ACP unless I had to, found some posts that people have tried and I tried it, did several of different loads with clays before I settled on one that does me just right for combat shooting and plinking, my load is 3.9 grains of Clays with the 200 grain RNFP bullet. They all cycle good in all of my 1911's with no problems.

All for now JD Trampas
What OAL do you use?

TIA

EAL

·
Registered
159 Posts
Old thread

Just in case some other person wants an update on this...just loaded up 200gr RNFP .452 ( I use 'em for my Colt 45 SA and Marlin 94 in SASS cowboy action shooting) OAL 1.215 crimp at 0.472 using my CLAYS starting at 3.6 gr...will shoot them Monday and update from there....:rock:

·
Registered
159 Posts
Update

OK ..Redline 200gr RNFP bullets..Ed Brown Kobra Carry (new 20lb recoil spring)using Tripp Cobra and Brown 7 rd mags. Federal #150 primers Clays powder 3.8grs OAL 1.215 crimp .472. Precision feeding from mag to pistol (like butter)same results, point of impact on target out to 45ft. as any factory ammo I've used. Loading up 200 or more for FUN GUN SHOOT(June 4th outside Wall Drugs SD) that will leave me around 3-5K factory rds for my Thompson. Have a great day.:)

·
Registered
252 Posts
I use 220 gr. copper-plated flat tips, .45acp. They are loaded by On Target Range and Target Ammunition company, owned by our own member, Emerson. They are loaded to the same standards as CCI and use the same components, and are a heck of a lot less money, per 1000. I have never had so much as a hiccup and (as for most) the gun and ammo are a whole lot more accurate than I am. You might contact him with your question on 200 gr.

·
Registered
73 Posts
200 grain LRNFP....
5 grains Bullseye
1.210" COAL

200 grain LRNFP
5.7 grains ZIP
1.210" COAL

Both are very nice and accurate out of my 1911. They both shoot about 850 fps or so.

www.mastercastbullets.com makes a very nice hard cast LRNFP bullet.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts