1911Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While at the range yesterday I noticed something a little peculiar.
I was shooting some of the "NATO" spec .45acp. My Gold Match and some other 1911 45's love this stuff. However in my Sistema I noticed slight but frequent frequent bulging around the firing pin mark on the primer. This ocurred only with this pistol and only with this ammo. I am wondering if this ammo is loaded to higher pressure than typical over the counter .45acp ball. Is this problem due to overall looser military tolerances or do you think the firing pin or hole may just be worn. The thing that struck me as strange was it wa just with this particular ammo.

------------------
Guns don't kill people,
People kill people!

·
Registered
843 Posts
Hmmm. Didn't know there was any such animal as NATO speck 45acp. Guess it just proves the old saying that we're never too old to learn somethin' new. Anywho, my guess is that the firing pin is worn or the firing pin hole is slightly enlarged; possibly a little of both.-TR

·
Registered
479 Posts
Maybe the primers are a bit soft in this ammo, could be that they are hotter too.. If it isn`t hapening with other ammo i wouldn`t think it`s the gun.. I know Baer pistols have a smaller firing pin hole to prevent this from happening..

·
Administrator
72,064 Posts
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.