1911Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what brands should i look at to buy and what is the going price, colt gold cup ,thanks

·
Registered
3,157 Posts
Just a pet peave...

Clips, as in "Stripper Clips" recharge magazines... Magazines hold ammunition in a firearm.

You are looking for magazines... I prefer Wilson's, although some like MecGar, Factory Colt, or CMC's.

Moving to the Mag forum...

·
Registered
2,845 Posts
jaydee

You beat me to it! LOL

I've got my almost 4 year old daughter trained to the point where she corrected 2 guys in the local gun store when they called magazines "clips" and ammunition "bullets".

Of course the Brits would correct you once again to say that stripper clips are actually "chargers". Of course you can always just smack them in the head for being a pain in the butt.

I love Wilson mags, but the 8 round Chip McCormick mags at less than $10 are well worth the money from what I've seen so far.

·
Registered
9,203 Posts
Whistle on the play, 5 yard penalty for "clipping". LOL

------------------
Ne Conjuge Nobiscum
Molon Labe

·
Registered
441 Posts
JB,
In my old GC and my new Kimber I have had great success with both Wilson and CMc "Shooting Star" 8 round mags.
Neil

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
walking point, where can i buy 8 round mccormicks for under 10.00 ? thanks.. also i didn't realize some would be so a.r. about the specific nomenclature ..

·
Registered
115 Posts
jbohio,

I don't think that our members are being anal-retentive when they make corrections about calling a magazine a magazine. Like most of us on this forum, we have a great passion for firearms. Some of us feel that the best way to help someone out is to offer our two-cents worth when something is stated incorrectly. When I was in the army, I was in for a rude awakening when I ONCE referred to my M-16A1 as a "gun."

The gun world is literally a world unto itself, with different forms of expression, terminology, and attitudes. Take the time to acquaint yourself with it and you'll find yourself noticing the "nits" that need to be picked.

Take the correction in the way that it was given, as a friendly discussion on the proper terminology as it applies to firearms. I don't think that anyone is trying to flame you.

------------------
Bill the Cat

·
Registered
143 Posts
Bill,

Good comments. I had the pleasure of going through the US Secrect Service firearms instructor course on 1990. There were big on correcting people on the "clip" vs "magazine" nomenclature.

Mike

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i'd love to have somebody shoot a round or two with me, then maybe they would understand .

·
Registered
2,845 Posts
gyp_c was nice enough to post the source of the under $10 "magazines" (LOL). These are the basic non-stainless 8 rounders, but they do include the base pad.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts