1911Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guy's

I was looking around town for some Fed 150's and they are nowhere to be found. Went to 5 stores and no CCI primers, just magnum primers.
I did find some Win primers that state "for standard & magnum loads"

Anyone tried these primers, I would like to stay away from magnum primers, but these seem to be a fit all :confused:
No SKU# on box, just WLP

Thanks

Dog

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
I've been using them for about 10 years and can't tell any difference in them. They all go bang and no high pressure signs

·
Registered
4,955 Posts
Anything labeled Winchester Large Pistol should be fine with any powder suitable for the .45ACP
Other than the .45ACP
ANY cartridge using powders 296 and especially H110 should use fully designated Magnum primers ALWAYS
Good Luck

·
Registered
3,613 Posts
I have been using the Winchester Large Pistol primers in 45acp, 44mag, and 45LC for years. They work just fine.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I use Winchester WLP, Federal 150, 155, and CCI large pistol.

I like the Federal the best, then Winchester, then CCI.

Winchester doesn't have a magnum pistol primer.

Federal has worked best for me across the board(rifle, pistol), but I got a deal on "match" ones.

This month, Handloader magazine has article on small pistol primers, magnum and standard. I think there was 100fps difference between lowest and highest.

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
I know it's crazy, but I swear CCI 300s work better in my Dillon 550B than Winchester WLPs. I get fewer jams and non-feeds with the CCIs.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts