1911Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At the last show i attended,i saw 2 9mm rifles,and 1 .45acp rifle,same company,same general description,the 2 9mils were lighter in color,but exactly the same otherwise.The best thing about the .45acp,the guy said it would use my pistol mags,now thats a selling point.They were all slightly used,and the 9 was 375,the .45 was 450,is that a good price?Who makes these,and do they have a website? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
You may have seen

Marlin "Camp Rifles." The 9's used S&W pistol magazines; the .45's used the standard 1911 mags. I'm told that there was a small run of .45's using Para-Ordnance double-stack mags. THAT would the the gun to get! :p

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
Marlin stopped production maybe 2 or 3 years ago. Your price is typical, maybe on the high end, but not if they're LNIB.

I have one. For some reason they are not collectible. Standard 1911 mags work. My 10-rounders do not, reliably. The only one that works reliably are 7 rounders.

It's pretty fun. I've used it in a couple of 3-gun IPSC matches. It's a noticable disadvantage to only have 7-rounds. Everybody else (almost) had an AR-type with 20 round or more magazines.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks

Yep,i heard one of the people in the area call them "camp rifles".Im glad to hear they are reliable with the pistol 7 rd mag.Thanks again.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Camp Carbine 45 ACP

I have had a Marlin Camp .45 for a few years and it works just fine with all variety of Wilson mags including the 10 rounders. The only problem I have had with magazines is that the Wilsons are tough to seat and mine required that a tiny notch be filed at the top of the rear edge of each magzine. Something in the magazine well seems to catch on the Wilson mags there, but not on any other mag.

My Camp .45 was integrally suppressed by John's Guns and carries an Aimpoint scope. This is a nice option for those qualified.

$450 seems to be about what I see them going for in new or near new condition.

Choate folders are readily available.

The Para mag option was an aftermarket conversion that was advertised in Gun List from time to time.

Forrest

1 - 5 of 5 Posts