1911Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hope this is the right folder. I guess it is tactical advice?

I was just wondering has anyone else ever stuffed a .45 auto round into a .38/357 Bianchi Speed Strip?

It works real good for me. Keeps six extra rounds of .45 auto in my off pocket. You just need to put a rubber band around them to hold them together neatly. The rubber of the speed strip deforms from the too big rounds and causes the rounds to splay out in a semi-circle. The rubber band holds them back together, and makes them look tidy.

Feedback...?
Elsworth

·
Registered
389 Posts
Interesting concept... but since those .45 rounds will need to go into a magazine eventually, wouldn't it expedite matters to just carry an extra magazine? I'm not sure I see the benefit...

BTW, I think I'm now "officially" an addict. Guess I'd better hit the range soon to get my fix.

------------------
"He who goes unarmed in paradise had better be sure that that is where he is."
-- James Thurber

[This message has been edited by Terrato (edited 06-01-2001).]

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Dear Terrato,

Yeah, that's right. It's just that I am used to packing 43 rounds of nine. So, this having only 22 of .45 is sort of a new thing for me.
I guess I'm looking for innovative ways to get back north of 30 w/ it.
I figure if things get really hairy, I should have time to get them off the strip and clip them up.
Plus, the strip rides easier in the pocket than a spare mag.

Elsworth

·
Registered
389 Posts
I figure that since most gunfights are over in a matter of very few seconds, thinking beyond even one spare mag is mostly academic. Otherwise, in prolonged shootout I'd want something a lot more persuasive, such as a carbine or shotgun. Still, if it's a convenient way to carry a little extra ammo, it can't hurt.

------------------
"He who goes unarmed in paradise had better be sure that that is where he is."
-- James Thurber

·
Administrator
10,946 Posts
If the fight has required 21 rds of ammo, and it still isn't over, I think I'd try to leave. I have a hard time envisioning the circumstance in which 6 loose rounds of ammo are going to be the answer. If I really thought prospectively that I might need those rounds, I'd arrange to carry another magazine. Are you carrying 10 rd mags?

TB., NC

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Dear Tim,

Maybe I am a bit of a nervous Nelly w/ all the ammo. On the other hand, I live in a rural area. So, I have this recurring vision of help being far away, and the bad guys being smart and persistent. Probably just a personal quirk.

In answer to your question, No I do not use 10 rounders, only 7's. I did not feel comfortable w/ the 10's reliability. On the other hand, I have been thinking about the possibility of converting a Wilson's 10 rounder, to a "true" 8 rounder w/ a custom Wolf Spring. Probably won't try it , but just a thought.

Thanks for your reply,
Elsworth

1 - 6 of 6 Posts