without hesitation. I remember when Marlin made the Camp 9 and
the Camp .45. They were great to shoot and versatile. Right now the
PC4 platform comes in 9mm and .40 S&W only. It would be a nice
defense arm in those certain places where handguns are a no-no,
but rifles are still okay to own ( for now at least). :scratch:

·
Registered
2,366 Posts
Good point. Why not write Ruger a polite letter and share your idea.

They may surprise you.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Beretta Storm comes in 9mm, .40s&w and .45acp. The .45acp version only has 8 rounds. Rumor (errornet rumor) has it that there will be larger cap mags coming.

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
But neither the Hk Usc, nor the Beretta Storm, are available to us here in this idiotic state.

The Ruger carbines are, at least. I guess that Ruger didn't make .45 bacause they would want to make them to take Ruger .45 magazines, not 1911 magazines. (And the public would be screaming for 1911 magazines.)

I think it's good idea, I can't imagine Ruger didn't already think of it, there must be some reason they don't.

·
Registered
98 Posts
steveno said:
Marlin made their camp gun in 45 acp and I think it took 1911 magazines
It would be nice if Ruger did the same if they made a PC45 but instead it would likely use the P345 mags. Keltec if you read this, this is the time to step up. Now if one was made that took Para Mags I would have two.

·
Registered
667 Posts
Marlin's Camp Nine took SW mags and was reliable, but myself and others had trouble with the .45 Camp. Of 20-something mags I owned for the 1911(Colt, Wilson, McCormick, etc) it was only reliable with about 4 or 5.

I now own a Mechtech CCU(since 2001) and it has been 100% so far.
Sorry, it isn't available in Kali, either.

www.mechtechsys.com

1 - 8 of 8 Posts