1911Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
230 grn FMJ with 4.0 grns of V V 310. Shot it yesterday out of my 6" S.A. longslide.......sweet, soft load. average 169.9 PF. about 730 fps or so.

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
They're very easy to find here, but for some strange reason they cost an arm and a leg!! I've seen almost twice the price of a normal pound of powder.

While I have been intrigued by their selection, I think I'll stick with my 16 buck a pound regulars, thank you very much.

·
Registered
164 Posts
CCV...

You can get Vit powders from http://www.eabco.com I think they are about the cheapest place I can find them on the net but I haven't really looked too hard since I mostly use Hodgden powders (local to me since I am in KC and can always call them for advice)

·
Registered
2,366 Posts
Re: CCV...

JoeCichlid said:
You can get Vit powders from http://www.eabco.com I think they are about the cheapest place I can find them on the net but I haven't really looked too hard since I mostly use Hodgden powders (local to me since I am in KC and can always call them for advice)
I know I can order them but then the HAZMAT fee really drives the price up.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Guess I'm lucky.........we get'em from a local V V rep and get them at the matches we shoot at........$18 a lb....less if you buy the 4lb jugs (which I do). I won't use any other powder because its so clean and meters so well through the Dillons I use. To me its worth the extra money. kinda the same reason I use jacketed bullets now instead of lead.

·
Registered
2,366 Posts
196pc said:
Guess I'm lucky.........we get'em from a local V V rep and get them at the matches we shoot at........$18 a lb....less if you buy the 4lb jugs (which I do). I won't use any other powder because its so clean and meters so well through the Dillons I use. To me its worth the extra money. kinda the same reason I use jacketed bullets now instead of lead.
If I could buy it for that price I'd be a "happy boy" too.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts