1911Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if anyone out there has one? I was thinking about getting one and can't even find one to hold. Tell me what you think. Don't want to carry it or anything like that, just for fun and some range shooting. Any input would help.

------------------
"How do we live life?"
"Day by day."
Rambo

·
Registered
137 Posts
Medicarcher, there is a big gun show in Dallas this weekend (Sat 12/8 + Sun 12/9). You will certainly find a long slide if you want to make the drive.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I had an AMT Longslide years ago. It was very nose heavy, but a heck of a lot of fun to shoot.

------------------
-Charley.
When the need is great enough, limitations are meaningless

·
Registered
180 Posts
I have the v-16 long slide 45 super and I love it. I have it just too plink and shoot. I loaded it with the super rounds and used it hnting this season. It shoots and handles like a charm. I would recommend it highly.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you all for your input. I was hoping to get my hands on a V16 sometime soon. Sadly I won't be able to get to the gun show in Dallas, but there will be another soon I'm sure. Again thanks for the input.

·
Registered
989 Posts
I have a stainless longslide loaded. It is not the ported model and cost was maybe 75 bucks less or so. I bought the gun for plunking and as an experiment. It came way too sharp and the trigger is way heavy, but it has been reliable after the first 200 rounds where the slide did not lock back at first. The slide fit is really really tight and I had to pound it on and off at first. As the gun has maybe 500 rounds it is starting to loosen a bit. The weight hanging forward makes the gun balance very well. If I had it to do over again I would buy a standard full size and work on the trigger and swap some parts out. Mine was the last of the batch before the ILS housing . I like the flat backstrap despite having big hands. I really would like to tryt shooting some 45 super as I only need swap out the mainspring to do so. The one piece spring guide rod is kind of a pain in the butt to open and close-up for cleaning . I want to get a trigger job and put some more rounds thru mine before I decide if the gun is right for me or not. I really like the colt 1911 A1 but the high price plus the cost of changes would be prohibitive at this point. The springfield does go bang every time as issued.

·
Registered
555 Posts
longslide

Quantico, how do you think a longslide would be for IPSC shooting? Do you think you can run a 12 lb spring in the gun with 230 gr bullets at about 750 fps.? Or you recommend against getting one? thanks

1 - 8 of 8 Posts