1911Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,967 Posts
Snap Caps

Pachmyer are good and inexpensive (I still use a 10 year old set of aluminum ones that still work)

·
Registered
141 Posts
Snap Caps

Armsport's have a brass base & a primer which is sprung. The body is red, see-thru plastic & you can view the inside springs. They are made in Italy & have seen some hard use in the 20 years here! Long ago, I think they were about $1 each.

Instead of buying, I'd recommend that you get one of your reloading buddies to make a set for you using H&G 68 200 grain semi-wad cutters with an OAL of 1.250, leaving the old fired primer in place. After you get them back, drill some small holes thru the case body so you can ID them as being truly inert! This will allow testing feed characteristics from any magazine and on guns with non-throated barrels as well just to insure functioning before actual firing. A properly throated barrel should feed empty, fired cases when hand cycled without a recoil spring, perfectly.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.