1911Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
I've thought about that conversion myself. If you check Ace Custom's website, the conversion kit includes more than just a recoil spring... I really couldn't say how much of it is really required.

In any case, it seems like a Gov't. model in .45 Super would make a nice gun for wild boar and similar sized game. Thoughts?

Mac

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Originally posted by CastleBravo:
IMHO Ace Custom's .45 Super "conversion" exists to soak people. And a 32lb spring strikes me as completely insane; for what it's worth I'd be more inclined to go with a 24lb spring and a good buffer on a FLGR.

If you want to pay for a conversion, pay to convert your 1911 to .460 Rowland; it is more powerful and more companies make ammo for it. That way you will know your conversion was at least necessary to shoot the caliber, since .460 Rowland doesn't chamber in a .45 ACP barrel.

Glad to hear this! I think I could afford a new recoil spring and buffer easier than a $200-$300 kit. I would assume this would result in a much more magnified "+P" type wear effect on the gun? Just thinking out load I guess, but it's always good to have access to experience

Mac

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.