1911Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have about ~700, mostly Blazer Brass, shot once boxed in the BB Box.

I do not reload but wondering if I should deprime, clean, and sell. Or wait till have about 5,000, then sell?

Or just stop picking up my brass. I cannot reload at this point in my life, too many kids running around.

·
Super Moderator
14,938 Posts
Have you considered just continuing to "collect" them until some time in the future when you might take up reloading?

If you do want to sell them, there's probably always someone wanting to buy once-fired, 45acp brass. I don't know how many will fit in a USPS "flat rate" box, but that may be a "magic number" of cases to accumulate before you try to sell them.

·
Registered
136 Posts
I think its either 1300 or 1400 cases that goes in a flat rate box. That is what I got the last time I ordered some.
I am sure you would get takers for about any amount.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Would it be worth my time to deprime and polish, or just leave them as they are?

·
Registered
136 Posts
Would it be worth my time to deprime and polish, or just leave them as they are?
Not to me but maybe others. Clean brass of course looks better but I like know that "I" am the one that pushed that brass into a die, not somebody else that may not have done it right. But I can be anal about somethings too.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Gammon said:
If you don't reload, how are you going to deprime and polish the brass?
Well, if the benifit to selling clean brass is out there, I would invest in the deprimer, tumbler/shaker thingy and media.

Based on what jpal said, I am the same way and may just sell it as is...

Thank you all for your responses. It's been a great help helping me decide what to do with my brass.

·
Registered
555 Posts
I have about ~700, mostly Blazer Brass, shot once boxed in the BB Box.
If the Blazer stuff is aluminum and not brass it isn`t recommended for reloading.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Oh yeah, It's all Brass!!!

·
Registered
577 Posts
The tumbeler, media, polish, and primer puncher would probably cost more than you could sell the brass for, and most anyone who would want the brass could do it all themselves.

Just sell as is if you don't have the equipment already.

Reid

·
Registered
15,319 Posts
different thoughts

I expect you will continue to shoot.
I expect you will continue to buy factory ammo, until its cost becomes prohibitive to your shooting enjoyment.
I expect at that time you will be darn glad you took my advice, and saved those empty dirty cases.
Kids grow, life changes, but you still need brass to reload.....

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
How much can I expect to sell 1000 dirty 45ACP, once fired brass (mostly CCI)?

·
Registered
15,319 Posts
approximate

Between $50-80, based on location and need.

Suggest pricing reflect two thirds of cost of new.
About.
Kinda.
Around.

·
Registered
744 Posts
With 500 per heavy duty baggie, 2000 fit in a flat rate box. Last month I paid $100 for 2k delivered, all one headstamp, tumbled clean but not decapped.
/Bryan

·
Registered
56 Posts
I would go with what would fit in a flat rate box as a cut off point

1 - 15 of 15 Posts