1911Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've decided that I cannot live without a 1911 chambered in .460 Rowland. Clark makes a match grade drop-in kit with barrel, comp, spring, guide, bushing, etc. It looks pretty damn slick and appears that it is a snap for any full size 1911 (read Patrick Sweeney's experiences with dropping it into a bunch of different guns). My questions would be:

Has anyone done the conversion?
Happy with the results?
Recommendations for the base gun?

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Whoa!

TY44934,
I, too, appreciate the concern. But I feel your warnings are misplaced. As previously stated, the .460 Rowland cartridge is available from Georgia Arms. Even so, it *is* a commercially available cartridge, albeit not very, and its use in 1911's has been getting a fair bit of press. If it's use in a 1911 is not appropriate for this board, I fully expect a moderator to let me know.

You might want to add a little more weight to your trigger pull! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks, But...

...I'm not interested in the .45 Super. I've really decided on the .460 Rowland and am looking for available information from folks who have done the conversion. Looking forward to responses.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.