1911Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guy's school me on this !

I have never owned a fixed powered scope, I just purchased a Burris 4X Short Mag rifle scope. As I look through the scope, say out to 50 yards, the target is somewhat blurry. I understand there is no magnification, but do the fixed power scopes have the ability to "clear the field of view" ??

Thanks Sooner

·
Registered
569 Posts
Although I am not familiar with this exact model, the scope should have a lock ring that will allow you to focus the eye piece. Loosen the lock ring, turn the eye piece until focus is obtained.

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks !!

I tried to focus the eye piece by looking at the crosshairs then looking away, and repeat this process. Funny thing is, I can't tell much difference when rotating the eye piece. It looks clear where ever I turn it. Oh well ! the joy's of faltering eye sight :(

·
Registered
948 Posts
Aim the scope at the daytime empty sky or a well-lit white piece of paper. Then adjust the focus ring until the cross hairs are sharp. If that model doesn't have an adjustable objective, parallax is probably set at 100 yards and targets at that range should then be in focus.

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Went to the range today, I found that I had to rotate the eyepiece counter clockwise many turns to get it to clear. I was afraid to losen it that much because the waterproof grease on the eyepiece threads started to show, so I thought I was unscrewing it too much. But, it did come into focus. I locked it there and all seems fine now.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts