1911Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have an LFA-1 model from 5 shot leather? I am wondering how you like the holster and if you happen to have a photo of the back side of the holster. If anyhow has photos of their LFA, could you please post them or any comments you have on the holster.

Thanks
Scott

·
Registered
254 Posts
I'm the one who first asked John to make the LFA1 because I had wanted a similar holster that Lou Alessi made, and when he passed away I didn't know what would happen with the Alessi company.

I gave up trying to use regular Askins/Nelson type holsters years ago because the short distance between the rear tunnel and the trailing loop makes it very hard for me to thread a gunbelt through it and a pant loop.But I always liked the design and the reinforced mouth.

The trailing snap eliminates this problem and makes it very easy to put the holster on, though its not a quick remove system.The holster is beautifully made and fits my gun perfectly, as all of my 5 Shot holsters do.

The only thing I can say against the holster, which I've found to always be the case with rear tunnel wrap around holsters, is that it doesn't seem to ride as close to the body as the panckae and dual snap OWB holsters I have. I don't know if this is really the case or just a subjective impression. If you're going to be using it as a range holster or for CC under a heavy outer garment then it won't be an issue. If you're looking to CC under a Tshirt, it may not be the best choice.

Incidentally, the Alessi holster company no longer makes that model because it was designed in collaburation with Dane Burns and they're no longer licensed to make it. Bulman offers a similar model but he's over a year backloged. If you like the design I think 5 Shot is your best bet.

I don't have a picture of the back of my holster but I'll see if I can take one tonight.

·
Registered
127 Posts
I'm curious about this also. Am developing a dislike for the my SSII and thinking towards a close rider like a pancake style for an alternative for my Alessi Bodygaurd.
R

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
N-Frame,

Thanks for the info. That's interesting. You are right on the money as to my intentions. This would be used under a jacket and for use also on a range but mostly under a jacket. Being not quite as tight against the body would be acceptable in this instance.

If you get a chance to get a photo that would be great.

Thanks
Scott

·
Registered
254 Posts
Sorry for the delay, here's the photo of the rear of the 5 Shot LFA-1.

BTW, John recently posted on another forum that he's moving to Spokane, so he'll be out of commission for about 3 weeks.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Typically, there would be a sweat shield on the rig - that one was made without (and removing it is always an option).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts