1911Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Figured I'd do an initial full inspection and cleaning after going over 500 rounds yesterday. I love that there isn't a single plastic part in this pistol. :)

uploadfromtaptalk1440285846900.jpg

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
She's all clean and ready for business. :)

I especially like how the 1911 frame design keeps the sear, disconnect, hammer protected from powder blast, etc.

uploadfromtaptalk1440293693206.jpg

·
Premium Member
6,626 Posts
Gumbee, just how can you clean it if you don't take it apart?

You need to do it sooner or later, now may be a good time to learn.

Bob

·
Registered
3,078 Posts
I'm not mechanically inclined. Scared to take it apart and then, not be able to put it back again. I have a good gunsmith, I'll let him do it.

·
Premium Member
5,356 Posts
I'm too afraid to break my TTT down beyond the cleaning stage. Thanks for showing us the quality of our Sigs.
You can do it! Watch a couple of videos on YouTube first. It is very easy to take a part and put back together again.

I know you can do it!:rock:

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Thanks for the post!

In retrospect, do you think it needed such a breakdown after 500 rounds or do you think you could have waited for 2000, 50
00 or more? Were you just 10% gummed up? Any parts wear to keep an eye on?

No offense, gumbee.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Dave,

No, it was not gummed up at all. No fouling in the frame area either. I'll definitely wait 1,000 rounds between a lower teardown again.

No abnormal wear to any parts....but there was considerable wear to the Cerakote in the frame from the mags.

·
Banned
1,976 Posts
Just take your time. Watch closely how things are oriented when you take it apart.

You will be doing this blindfolded before long.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I don't know. I didn't tear that down for obvious reasons.

I've been looking to try an arched housing, and every one I looked at is metal, so I just assumed they all were.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts