1911Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do you like your gun? Any complaints or tweaks needed, or was it take it out of the box and go shooting? What kind of groups have you seen from your guns? Are the guns poorly balanced?

Thanks in advance. Considering one after the christmas holidays.

·
Registered
185 Posts
I've had one in 9mm for about 9 months. The front sight would drift and I couldn't get Locktite to work so I had to send the slide back. Since then, the sight has not moved. The gun is super-smooth and I couldn't imagine how it could get much better.

It is a little front-end-heavy, though. Accurate as all get-out as long as I exercise good shooting skills!

·
Registered
94 Posts
Great Pistol

The 9mm Target Master has become one of my favorite guns. It is a very smooth shooter and extremley accurate. If I can keep my blood sugar controlled, 2" groups at 25 yards are common. After about 1,500 rounds, I had to adjust the extractor, but other than that, it has been problem free. The only change I've made was to replace the sights with a JPoint red dot sight. My old eyes had a difficult time seeing the black Aristocrat sights. I'm trying to convince my wife that the 45 Target Master would be the perfect Christmas gift.

·
Premium Member
397 Posts
I just picked up this Target Master last week. Took it straight to the range and ran about 250rds through it with zero malfunctions. I need to play with the rear sight and get it set up the way I want it. I am also considering replacing the front blade with a Fiber Optic front. The lighting at our indoor range leaves a little to be desired.

This is the first goup I shot with it at 25yds off hand.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Congrats. I got exactly the same one. Shoots like a dream and is extremely accurate. I sometimes even shoot it at 110 yards (100 meters) and do better with it than some guys with rifles (altough I have to admit that those type of guys kind of suck at shooting :biglaugh: ).

You may want to check the recoil guide plug. They shipped mine with a standard one instead of a reverse one (with a 1" shoulder on the inside). Was an easy fix though, a simple switch at the official STI dealer where I bought the pistol.

I got a dozen handguns and this one ranks number 1 without any doubt.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts