1911Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm beginning to narrow down the next 1911. Anyone own the LDA 7.45 Limited. Is it worth the price? What is the price? Any parts or gunsmithing involved to make it competitive for IDPA? thanks.M33

·
Registered
27,694 Posts
Competitive for IDPA? I believe no matter what division it is in (Enhanced, maybe) the 7 round mag will be a hindrance, not an advantage.

------------------
"What most of these people need is a good slap upside the head. What I don't need is any more lawsuits." John "The Tooz" Matusak

·
Registered
257 Posts
For IDPA a P16-40 or P18-9(if you feel like getting brave, the 9x19s have there detractors due to slide speed) would be a better choice, due to flush fit 10 rd mags. The LDA can be shot in SSP. I belive at IDPA Winternationals Todd Jarrett placed 2nd SSP with an LDA that had a trigger job only(not sure if it was a 40 or 9 though).

·
Registered
95 Posts
I have a 7.45 Limited that I have shot in IDPA. Placed in the sharpshooter category in CDP. Might have done better if I had used decent magazines (the pennance of cheap magazines is jams!) Ever since I switched to Chip Mccormick extra power 8 round mags the gun has functioned flawlessly Gun has a great trigger pull and the adjustable sights are easy to pick up. Even with .45 recoil the gun is easily controlable. PO customer service is excellent as well.

·
Super Moderator
13,553 Posts
I don't think 7 round magazines are liabilities in IDPA competition. In properly designed stages and knowledgeable match directors, all guns are competitive. Reloads are usually not on the clock.
I think a LDA in 9mm would be ideal for SSP, if they make such a thing.

·
Registered
27,694 Posts
Originally posted by Ricky T:
I don't think 7 round magazines are liabilities in IDPA competition. In properly designed stages and knowledgeable match directors, all guns are competitive. Reloads are usually not on the clock.
I think a LDA in 9mm would be ideal for SSP, if they make such a thing.
In the IDPA matches I have been to (5 different clubs, always shoot CDP) There is ALWAYS a reload on the clock unless you are shooting a standard. In a 17rd. course if you have any misses in CDP you will reload twice. I have seen guys shooting 6 shot mags have to reload 3 times. All reloads are on the clock in IDPA. Reloads do matter if you are trying to be competitive.

------------------
"What most of these people need is a good slap upside the head. What I don't need is any more lawsuits." John "The Tooz" Matusak

1 - 6 of 6 Posts