1911Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks. I've been looking at a 7.45 for self-defense. What do you all think?

·
Registered
364 Posts
Is that the D7.45, or the C7.45? Difference is the D7.45 is a full size single stack with a 5 inch barrel. The C7.45 is an officer size with a 3.5 inch barrel. Both are excellent pistols, but the C7.45 is smaller, and therefore more concealable.

------------------
Really interesting....Don't ya think??

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The full size aka D7.45 LDA

·
Registered
121 Posts
I sure do like mine and, after replacing the factory sights, I've carried it every day for about 8 months. Do a search in the Para forum back to the end of January and you should find a pretty lengthy review I did of it. No problems have popped up since that time and I trust the gun with my life.

However, I still see only two reasons for a LDA: you're nervous about C&L or your Administrator won't let you carry SA. I'm in the second category and, although it's not a SA 1911, the LDA is the next best thing.

Go ahead and get one if it suits your fancy. There's nothing wrong with a LDA once you learn to work the long trigger reset.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Guys, I finally got to handle one of these, the C745?
The compact.
I was really impressed with the trigger.
I agree with Wade, it's not going to replace my 1911, but it was so much nicer than I thought it would be.
The cocking action is featherweight!
I wish I could get that sort of action on my revos!
(Who knows what the future holds....)

t

·
Registered
305 Posts
I have the C7.45 LDA single stack. It's a great gun, and has replaced my Colt Commander as my 1911 of preference at this point. (Though I must add I'm playing with my Glocks more these days.)

The only downside to the C7.45 that I see is weight. It's all stainless, and pretty hefty for a carry gun because of it. I don't think this is the case with the D7.45.

-- PG

------------------
Para Ordnance C7.45 + Glock G36 == Uber Perfection
"An armed society is a polite society"

·
Registered
364 Posts
Huh?? The C7.45 is quite a bit lighter than a D7.45.(18% according to the catalogue weight) The D7 is a full size, and the C7 is the officer's size. Take that difference in weight, add it to the shorter barrel, slide, and grip, and you will see quite a difference in weight, size, and handling when shooting. IMHO it absolutely qualifies as CCW capable in all aspects.

------------------
Really interesting....Don't ya think??

1 - 8 of 8 Posts