1911Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've just picked up a CMC Match Grade 7 round extra capacity mag for Officer sized pistols. Was wondering if anyone has tried these magazines. I would be trying it out right now but it's raining:bawling:

·
Registered
92 Posts
Bought two several months ago. No problems. I also bought two 8 round power mags. Do NOT get the 10 round power mags. They don't work in the Officer size. Tripp also makes a good 7 round mag.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply. I hope to try it out tomorrow. I've been putting off ordering a Tripp, will have to try one of them.

·
Registered
476 Posts
In for the range report. I picked up the wilson 7 rd and have had no issues thru 300 rds.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I was able to try the Chip Mccormick 7 round compact magazines today. I wasn't too impressed with them.

I ran approximately 100 rounds thru the magazine. First two mags I experienced a failure for slide to lock back. That popped up 2 or 3 more times. The follower would ride up above the slide stop stud. After the first 2 failures, I would let slide down and rack it back manually and still wouldn't lock back.

Also, I had my first failure to feed with the Range Officer Compact. The round was a 230 grain fmj and the nose was high at top of chamber. It was the last round in the magazine.

During the session, I fired and assortment of fmj, Federal HST, and 200 grain lswc.

Question. I have a couple of the standard dimpled followers and have thought about trying one them in the magazine. Any thoughts on that?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts