1911Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, it's a KT ordnance 80% frame. I milled the rails, and fitted the slide. The basic parts kit was from Sarco. I used some of the Sarco parts, but bought new disconncter, sear, trigger, Baer Beavertail, EGW Front sight, Millet Rear sight.

I function checked it before parkerizing, IE shot it, and didn't explode, cycled slide, ejected and fed. I then parkerized, using Palmetto Enterprises parkerizing, which really gave a deep black finish. I haven't had an accuracy firing yet, hopefully tommorrow!

I also made the grip from some chunks of cherry I had laying around, I like how they came out too!

·
Registered
295 Posts
Thanks for the details. Sounds like it's going to be a shooter. Great Job! I've worked on my 1911's and they have turned out well but never from 80%. Some day!

Let us know how it shoots.

Bob Sigmon

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
If it is %80 then you had to get the firearm ## and registered?

if so, did you pick some cool ##'s?

·
Registered
414 Posts
If it is %80 then you had to get the firearm ## and registered?
You don't _have_ to do the serial number if you make it for your own use and never sell it. Now whether or not that is a good idea is up to you!

Gregg

G

·
Looks great, very well done.

I'll bet you learned something about the 1911 while building it.

I'd be proud to call it mine.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks mowerman. I have learned a great deal about the 1911. with this project. In fact, this is the first 1911 I have ever owned!

I've come a long way since I first tried to insatall the sear/disconnector, and about throew the thing across the room in frustration!:D

·
Registered
283 Posts
Thats a mighty fine shootin' iron. You did a magnificent job!! Proud you must be, sir! The cherry grips gives it a very stately appearence.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
That's highly spiffy :D
I really want to do that one day... guess I'll keep saving up for that milling machine, eh?

G

·
entropy said:
Thanks mowerman. I have learned a great deal about the 1911. with this project. In fact, this is the first 1911 I have ever owned!

I've come a long way since I first tried to insatall the sear/disconnector, and about throew the thing across the room in frustration!:D
WOW

That's really impressive. I'm a newb to 1911's too, I love this forum, every time I log on I learn.

I'm not brave enough to even detail strip my 1911 though, you built your first one from a kit?!?! That's cool.

How bout some more pics/info/specs? :D

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Here's a before picture of the frame and parts.

I didn't take this picture, I stole it from a friend's (grahamcracka. who also visits here) site. I used his site for doing much of what I did, and without the info in here, I would have never been able to complete the project.

Graham Crackers excellent web site

Attachments

·
Registered
346 Posts
I just read about your whole project on your friend's site......that's really impressive!!

Congratulations, and let us know how your new shooter does at the range.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts