1911Forum banner

1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
With the Dems in charge, and Defund the Police taking over, its going to happen sooner than later. We have local elections here in a couple of weeks and one of the incumbents likes to boast that she marched with BLM and supports Defund the Police, its a badge of honor.

No wonder guns are selling like hot cakes... you have to take charge of your own safety and security.

·
Registered
370 Posts
With the Dems in charge,

you have to take charge of your own safety and security.
Yeah, until you have to defend yourself against someone who isn’t white. Then you’ll be the bad guy, because the dems are in charge. Everyone worries about what the politicians are doing, I say start paying attention to the DAs in your area. Especially if they lean to the left.

·
Premium Member
9,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Some inner city areas in America are way more dangerous than third world countries.
I used to believe that my Sig P938 with 7+1 rounds (pocket carry) was good enough based on the theory that most self defense shootings are 2.3 rounds (or some number like that).

·
Registered
8,980 Posts
I used to believe that my Sig P938 with 7+1 rounds (pocket carry) was good enough based on the theory that most self defense shootings are 2.3 rounds (or some number like that).
That will work for most individual self defense situations a normal person might encounter. When I see stories like this one especially in areas like that, I assume some type of gang/drug type shooting. This was definitely not a parking lot hold up situation at Walmart or the mall. It won't shock me if an arrest is never made.

·
Registered
5,084 Posts
getting like the old west.?

Reactions: PaulWVa

·
Registered
5,084 Posts
We’re allowed only ten rounds here, the bad guys carry more? I feel safe with six in a magnum revolver and 9 in a 45/1911. Maybe a 32acp small backup? Practice practice.

·
Registered
5,084 Posts
Too many outlaws ... not enough cowboys ... and the sheriff left town
A lot of sheriffs are retiring getting out of dodge quickly. The rioters even attack the cops horses too. Nothing is safe.

·
Registered
592 Posts
Yeah, until you have to defend yourself against someone who isn’t white. Then you’ll be the bad guy, because the dems are in charge. Everyone worries about what the politicians are doing, I say start paying attention to the DAs in your area. Especially if they lean to the left.
Good thing I only look white. I'm a mix breed.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
119 Posts
Miami was such a good city before like 45 years ago lets think back to...oh wait the cocaine wars of the 70's and 80's. Big cities have always been dangerous, the crime has changed a bit but it's the same evil showing its face. Those of us willing to no longer yell at the TV or react to internet news are doing something about it in the form of public service. We could use help in the military and police. Who cares what the media and twitter think. Being unpopular doesn't scare me, shouldn't scare anyone.

Not calling anyone out or being disrespectful, just sharing how I personally feel.

·
Registered
4,348 Posts
so 80+ shots fired, 2 dead bodies left to rot and no one even wanted to call the police?!?!? That says a lot about the decay of that area and it's residents. What a sick commentary of the state of our cities.

·
Premium Member
9,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
so 80+ shots fired, 2 dead bodies left to rot and no one even wanted to call the police?!?!? That says a lot about the decay of that area and it's residents. What a sick commentary of the state of our cities.
Actually, the cops arrived really fast, one guy was still alive, one dead when the cops got there because of the 'Shot Spotter' system installed in areas around high crime zones. The system uses a series of sensitive transducers (microphones) mounted on utility poles that can identify gun shots (as opposed to backfire from cars or fireworks), and triangulate the location with a high degree of accuracy.

·
Premium Member
4,079 Posts
Good thing I only look white. I'm a mix breed.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
Same here ... and provable non-"white" ancestry turned out to be from the other parent than was obvious. Grandparents on one side fairly obvious; but records lost in time. Ancestors! can't live with 'em; never would have lived without 'em.

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
I never understood this type of thinking. Basing your EDC gun and spare magazines on the average shooting leaves out the "other" types of shooting incidents that will get you killed. I always live by that adage "Pray for the best, but, plan for the worst." If you're prepared for the worst case scenario you will be better prepared to survive than someone who only plans for the best case scenarios. In most cases one shot will usually stop an aggressor. But, in worst case scenarios, even large caliber handguns have not stopped an attacker. And then what do you do if there are multiple attackers?

There are plenty of incidents where an attacker had been shot multiple times and continued their murderous assault. The 1986 FBI shoot out with the armored car robbers Mattix and Platt in Miami is one example that comes to mind. I'm not saying that you would be trying to stop and arrest such dangerous individuals. I am saying that in the event you unintentionally encountered such individuals and needed to use your EDC handgun to defend yourself, that your 2.3 rounds fired at someone like that isn't going to do anything other then get you killed. Especially If your life saving plan is to expect to only need to engage in a quick 2.3 shot incident. One of the FBI survivors of that Miami shootout, Special Agent Mireles, stated on a training video that the one thing that he learned that day is to carry as much ammunition for reloads as you possibly can.

1 - 20 of 82 Posts